High pressure PS line fitting - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 03, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I've been searching far and wide for a missing link in the Power Steering system I am adding to my 68 SS Camaro 396.

The new stock PS pump I purchased has a female fitting on the high pressure line and the high pressure hose is also female. This is defintiely a 68 Camro pump.

There's apparently a male/male adapter that should link the pump and hose together. I've tried all the usual channels for the missing part, but none of the parts dealers seem to have what I'm looking for...at least not in their catalog or website listings.

Before I resort to the wrecking yard for a rusty hydraulic fitting, is this part from Aeroquip the one I need? Will it fit between my 68 Camaro pump and high pressure hose???

Manufacturer: Aeroquip
Part Number: AQP FCM2608
Description: SAGINAW P/S METRIC CONV.

...or does anyone know where I can find an OE or other aftermarket part.
Thanks!
Tim

Meanchicken
68 SS
ZZ502; TKO-600; 3:73 Moser 12-bolt w/Detroit TruTrak; SSBC Force 10 4 wheel power disks;QA1 Coil Overs; Global West Tubulars;GNX Quick Ratio 12:1 PS; Hotchkis Front Sway Bar
87 Buick Grand National (does 10's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 03, 09:19 PM
Senior Tech

I think Aeroquip has one, search on Summit, I ended up buying the parts and making a 6-an braided line. Which still needed an adapter that I got from Summit.

67RS-zz4 w/ trickflow heads 276hr cam air gap 780 Pro Systems TexRacing 4spd AGR steering SCAT procars 12 bolt eaton posi 3.73's SSBC all around, TT2's Dakota Digital Painless DSE hinges

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 03, 07:14 AM
David Pozzi

Ask at Detroit Speed. http://www.detroitspeed.com/
They sell a fitting to convert to -6 37 deg aircraft. you need one for 45 deg though.
They probably can get one for you.
David

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 03, 07:59 PM
David Pozzi

Here is a hose that would work for a small block applicaton. The BB hose has a different routing.

PS hose for female pump
Powercraft hose #70973. Should be able to get it at Schucks kragen or checker, or any other parts house that carry the powercraft brand. Others may be able to cross it with what line they got. It has the male 3/8 inverted flare and the male 7/16 inverted flare.
David

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 03, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks for the follow up info. I'll check these out. I have the 396, so I'll have to see if they have the cross for the BB.

Meanchicken
68 SS
ZZ502; TKO-600; 3:73 Moser 12-bolt w/Detroit TruTrak; SSBC Force 10 4 wheel power disks;QA1 Coil Overs; Global West Tubulars;GNX Quick Ratio 12:1 PS; Hotchkis Front Sway Bar
87 Buick Grand National (does 10's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode