New FREE brakes are here!! im so happy!! - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 03, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Its Christmas in August

Look what came in the mail today:

And the cost??? NOTHING.. NADA.. FREEBIE.. I feel like its Monster Garage here!

I guess they were very happy with my what I had done with my 2000 SS (with Wilwoods) and decided to invest in my 69.. 6-piston fronts (13" rotors) and (will be here Monday) 4-piston rear brakes (12" rotors).. $2500 worth of free brakes just makes my day.. hell, even week!!

I guess its karma since this makes up for the little crap I found on the car when it arrived.. these are going to look SO SWEET behind those wheels.. ok, im a little excited [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]

Note: back system arrived today.. Says its a 12 bolt setup but im sure its the same as a 10 bolt one..

Also: I ordered my 700R4 trans, Global West upper and lower A-arms and QA1 coil over kit yesterday.. get that installed then off to the paint shop to fix the previous owners sloppy job..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 03, 11:05 AM
Senior Tech

Hey Steve, good seeing you and your new project at Fuddruckers on Tuesday. Now I am just completely jealous of those new brakes!

BTW, when I was inspecting your car I noticed the passenger tail pipe is rubbing against your 285/35R18 tire, just thought I'd give you a heads up although I am sure you already know.

My car is in pieces, removed all the interior!! Just doing the dirty work now of scraping, sanding, priming, Dynomatting the inside! All new interior soon!

Now how do I go about getting a set of those brakes for free? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2004, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Brian Lewis ]

1969 Camaro - GM 2003 Electron Blue
Beck Racing 383 cu in 465HP Engine - Sean Murphy Inductions Stage 2 Quadrajet
TCI Streetfighter 350 - 3.73:1 Posi 10 Bolt Rear - 12.6 sec qtr mile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 03, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Good seeing you there also [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yea, the exhaust (like many things on the car) was half-assed and the hanger isnt even bolted to the frame

But thats why im tearing the whole deal apart.. heck, the tips dont even match up..

After we do the trans/subrame/coilover it goes to the paint/body shop.. then I will re-do the interior (dynomat, replace missing parts, covans dash, etc) after that its the part I love the most.. the detail work [img]smile.gif[/img]

Many parts will be listed in the classifieds soon

Oh, to get free brakes have a spiffy website, have a plan for the car and it helps if you have had past success (my 2000 & 67 Camaros).. Dosent hurt to know someone either..

See ya at Fudds.. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 03, 01:18 PM

free thats my favorite word ! tell us more....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 03, 03:55 AM
Senior Tech
John

You lucky dog! I want some!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 03, 04:57 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Wink

If you read the bylaws that Al has set forth with Team Camaro you will notice that anytime you post that you have recieved free goods, those goods are to be forwarded to me for use on my Camaro. I have sent e-mail with my shipping address [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thank you,
Joe Harrison [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode