Team Camaro Tech banner

Front and rear springs

663 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  KevinW 
#1 ·
I have a Standard 69 Z/28 302 Camaro PS, PB, no Air, Cowl Ind. in the ongoing restoration process. Thinking about purchasing HA front coils and 5 leaf rear springs from Heartbeat City. Would like to have car sit about 1" higher than stock and not sag as the springs age. Have had disappointing results in years past and have read about bad experiences with other after market springs. Any opinions out there?

#2 ·
Welcome Phil! Hey another NJer! :)

So your question differs from the normal spring question :D Most want to lower it, not make it higher. The standard coil spring for Zs is the Moog 6308, but if you want it higher, go with the Moog 6320. Those are the most common ones in use. I have 6320s on mine, but since it a heavier convertible, it sits low.

For the rears, Do you have the original 4 leaf springs? I would get them re-arched. I went to R&H spring in Wall and paid $1 a pound to have my original mono spring re-arched 1.5" over stock height (they have the stock specs). That was 7 years ago, they have not sagged at all.

I sent a friend of mine over there with original 5 leafs for his COPO, he was well pleased with tier work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.