Koni shock replacement bushings, decals ??? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Koni shock replacement bushings, decals ???

I have an old set of Koni Special D shocks that were bought in the mid 80's.

The fronts are part # 80A-1914

The rears are part # 80-1915

The bottom "eye" bushings are shot and need replacing. The upper two bushings that get sandwiched in the upper shock mount need replacing also.

Does anyone know where I can get these? I have done some research online including Koni's website but haven't come up with anything so far.

Also, does anyone one have source for replacement decals?

Thanks.......Dave

1968, 327 210 HP, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Custom Interior, 4 Speed, Console, Gauges, Tilt Wheel, Speed Warning, Fiber Optics, 10 Bolt 3.55 Posi Rear end......Owned since 1978.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 03:11 PM
Senior Tech
Doug

Re: Koni shock replacement bushings, decals ???

You can find them on eBay. They are selling for $100 per shock. New Koni SET Front/Rear Camaro 67-69 Firebird 67-69 Classic Shocks | eBay
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 04:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

I have had my original Koni shocks over 30 years, they were the best. When I tore down for rebuilding the car some 15 years ago, I felt they had served their purpose. Even then they felt firm . I like the 3 way valve setting , for adjustment to your driving feel. I run them in four corners in firm setting.

I went for a new set as the bushing in the lower end were as yours. The uppers were not an issue as I replace with poly when ever I have the need to pull them off as they do pancake. I would buy new ones. They will serve many more years unless someone thinks a better fluid shock comes along.

Considering the price of others , you may not notice the higher cost.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Thanks for the replies.

At least for now I have to try to re-use these shocks. With hundred dollar bills flying out the window every time I turn around in this restoration, new shocks are an expense I don't need right now.

I asked on this forum some time ago if these shocks were still useable even though they are thirty plus years old. They only have about three years of use on them. All the replies I got at that time felt they would still be good.

I hope I don't have to ditch good useable shocks just on account of worn rubber bushings.

Thanks....Dave

1968, 327 210 HP, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Custom Interior, 4 Speed, Console, Gauges, Tilt Wheel, Speed Warning, Fiber Optics, 10 Bolt 3.55 Posi Rear end......Owned since 1978.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 05:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

A simple pull/push would tell you if shock is totally worn or not. If they are good, you may have to use much effort to expand or collaspe the piston.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

I will give them a check tomorrow,

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 17, 07:53 PM
Senior Tech
Bobby

Decal, 21 cents each
KONI NA | Decals

Poke around that site a bit, they have bushings but, you might have to email the Koni Tech dept for them.

67 Camaro 350
M20 4spd console,
8.5, 30 spline Eaton posi 373
Cowl Plenum
Custom 180 Headers

black/black
no radio
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 17, 01:26 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daven1256 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

At least for now I have to try to re-use these shocks. With hundred dollar bills flying out the window every time I turn around in this restoration, new shocks are an expense I don't need right now.

I asked on this forum some time ago if these shocks were still useable even though they are thirty plus years old. They only have about three years of use on them. All the replies I got at that time felt they would still be good.

I hope I don't have to ditch good useable shocks just on account of worn rubber bushings.

Thanks....Dave
Koni can rebuild any shock that they have ever sold. If you are the Original purchaser, they are warrantied for life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode