It's a small world right!
Here are my measurements :
- Bushing total length : About 1.48"
- Bushing length, part that goes inside the hole : 1.2"
- Sleeve length : 3"
- Leaf spring rear eye length : About 2.46"
- Framerail hole length : About 2.61"
And in a nutshell
- Bushings and sleeves are identical both rear spring eye and framerail hole
- Sleeves are perfectly flush with the bushings in the rear spring eye, but not in the framerail hole
So since the framerail hole is about 0.150" longer than the spring eye, the same size bushings end up being that much longer in the framerail hole than the spring eye
And since the sleeve is only 3" long it's not flush with the bushings in the framerail hole
DT : I used the Hotchkis supplied shackle kit and they are in fact ES bushings and identical to my old ES poly bushings. I just replaced the front spring eye bushing from stock to ES. If you still have the plastic bag that contained the bushings there's a part# (9.9506G) and that's an ES part#. It's just a rather special one, probably because Hotchkis is their customer