C4 Corvette disc brake bracket source - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 17, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Alan

C4 Corvette disc brake bracket source

Long time lurker, seldom post, but find lots of useful information.

Are there alternative sources for the C4 Corvette standard duty caliper bracket (12 inch rotors) for a 69 Camaro with disc spindle? I see they are available on the flynby website, but am concerned about deliverability.
Other vendor brackets will fit LS or C5 Corvette calipers and 13 inch rotors, but that setup requires larger wheels. I've read on the Wheels&Tires forum that other members run the C4 conversion and 15 inch Rallys (sometimes with 3/16 or 1/4 inch spacer).
I didn't want to build my own brackets (hack them out from 1/4 steel with hand tools) from the available .pdf files (pozziracing site) if a cleaner product is available. Thanks.

1969 Z28, 406ci, Edelbrock RPM heads, 214/224 Summit cam, Holley Terminator (removed Lingenfelter TPI base, SLP TPI runners, Speed Density multi-port fuel injection, '730 ECU TPI tune), Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt 3.31 posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 17, 12:16 PM
Team Member
Rich

Re: C4 Corvette disc brake bracket source

You might want to reach out to Kore3 (KORE3 Industries LLC: On and Off-Road Performance Automotive Components), they are very knowledgeable about all things brakes and sell a lot of corvette brake setups. I bought a complete C5 setup for my 67 Camaro from them and he knew more about what I needed to make this work then anyone else I spoke to.

1967 SS350, Under construction.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 17, 08:52 PM
Senior Tech
Simon

Garage

If I'm not mistaken I think you're referring to the JL8 brakes, the 4 piston front brake set-up that utilized the Corvette 12" rotors. This original stuff isn't cheap.
Here's some links that might help.

JL8 Brakes Product Page

https://www.camarocentral.com/1969_J...p/brc-181j.htm

Wilwood Disc Brakes - D8-4 Calipers

The factory calipers are a good few bucks but I would run the Wilwood 4 or 6 piston calipers if originality isn't a concern.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 17, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Alan

H2O - Thanks I'll call them. Their faq page indicates they do not support C4 Corvette 13" rotors, so I didn't think they would have brackets for C4 12" applications. I'd like to use the superior C5 system, but would rather keep 15" wheels.

slazisme - Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about the JL-9 standard duty setup from the C4 Corvette. Looking for an alternate source for this bracket '67-69 C4 brake upgrade conversion brackets

1969 Z28, 406ci, Edelbrock RPM heads, 214/224 Summit cam, Holley Terminator (removed Lingenfelter TPI base, SLP TPI runners, Speed Density multi-port fuel injection, '730 ECU TPI tune), Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt 3.31 posi
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 17, 04:14 PM
David Pozzi

Speed Tech used to make nice annodized aluminum brackets for the C4 swap. You might ask them, they probably still offer them. I consider std C4 brakes equal to stock Camaro brakes in performance, so not a real help except they look more modern.

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 17, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Alan

davidpozzi - The brackets don't seem to be popular any longer as most of the sites that used to have them (from older posts) don't list them now. Maybe that's trying to tell me something. Considering your guidance on C4 brakes = Stock brakes and after some additional reading, maybe I need to reconsider this swap. Maybe keep stock brakes with good rotors and upgraded pads or move up to a larger wheel size and C5/C6 brakes. I don't race the car. Maybe this isn't necessary.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode