Wilwood front disk brake line routing??? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 17, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Michael Lockwoo

Wilwood front disk brake line routing???

Does anyone with a similar setup have a picture of their front brake line routing/plumbing? I have Wilwood disks and their master cylinder and prop valve as pictured here. I ordered a complete set of pre-bent lines from Right Stuff. I just can't see how to connect the hard lines to the calipers AND still use the original brake line brakes at the frame. Am I supposed to use the original flex-line to frame brackets up front? The original brackets won't accommodate these lines with Wilwood's braided lines. Any clue as to what I am missing?

In the last picture, you can see how the passenger side hardline hangs over the frame. Is the line supposed to sit like this?

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Mike L; Aug 20th, 18 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 17, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Michael Lockwoo

Re: Wilwood front disk brake line routing???

I think I may have found the problem. I am trying to use frame brackets for an original disk brake car. I think these aftermarket hardlines want to connect to the drum brake line brackets. Does this sound correct?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 17, 02:18 PM
Senior Tech
Simon

Garage

First off, lets work from the caliper to the brake line. Probably a 10mm banjo fitting(check your calipers or with Wilwood or their website), from there you'll need a hose, then an adapter to fit the 3/16" original hard line.
Here's a few links to get an idea.

640471.......Adapter Fittings - Brake and Clutch Hose - Russell Performance Products

656242..........Universal Brake Hose - Brake and Clutch Hose - Russell Performance Products

641411........Adapter Fittings - Brake and Clutch Hose - Russell Performance Products

This is what I used to swap out my front Z51 vette brakes from Kore brakes. You'll have to measure your hoses once you turn the wheel lock to lock. I used the factory hose bracket and the retainer and it works out fine with these fittings.

Hope this helps.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 17, 02:28 PM
Senior Tech
Simon

Garage

Here's a not so great pic of the passenger side, you can see the banjo bolt with the crush washers
One thing I would recommend is to stay with the same manufacturer when combining fittings.

Last edited by slazisme; Nov 16th, 17 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode