67 F to R brake line - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 18, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

67 F to R brake line

Hi All, I don't know why I am having so much trouble with brake lines. Nothing seems to fit. Does anyone have a picture of the F to R brake line coming out of the distribution block and down the frame rail? What I have for a brake line and what the manual shows are two different things.

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 18, 05:50 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Re: 67 F to R brake line

My pre-bent lines didn't fit either and unless someone has the same distribution valve mounted the same way you do a picture won't do much good. Remember the Dist. Block can be mounted vertically, horizontally and to the left or right of the support bracket. Playing these might help you. You can also carefully bend the tubing by hand to fit. (fill the tubing with table salt not sand to keep it from kinking). Table salt will dissolve can be flushed away, wet sand will just cling to the tube internals.
My block was originally vertical and I had to get another bracket and lay it on it's side to get everything aligned, (67 manual front discs).

67 RS/SS 350, M21, 3:70 POSI, Hooker side mount headers, blue dot tail lights. owner since 1974.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 18, 07:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Re: 67 F to R brake line

Kevin in 67 there was a mid-year change and that may be your problem. Many of the suppliers are not aware of the change and could have sold you the wrong lines. Check out this thread, it talks about the change in some detail. It also has a picture of the distribution block.

The bottom link is to Right Stuff and it shows two different front to back lines. One before and one after the mid-year change.

Roger

https://www.camaros.net/forums/16-bra...rake-line.html

https://www.getdiscbrakes.com/parts/...et-Camaro/?p=7

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.

Last edited by rogerh; Feb 14th, 18 at 07:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode