Team Camaro Tech banner

Coil Spring Identification

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  davidpozzi 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a pair of coil springs that came in my project Camaro. These were replaced with the Hotchkis 2" drop units.

These are in new condition, other than installation and shelf wear & painted a lighter gray color. They measure 15.25" long with .650" wire diameter. How do I identify their weight specifics?

Thanks,
Andrew

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Andrew, You'll also need the inside diameter. You might get close by sorting through a Moog or Eaton spring chart. Unfortunately those charts don't give the number of coils or distance between the coils. That info is important because 2 springs with matching free height, bar diameter and inside diameter dimensions can have different ratings. There may also be different heat treat specs effecting the rate. In the past there was some discussion on springs being number stamped. My Moog springs were not stamped and others have stated their spring were. Good luck with your search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.