67 Steel Brake Booster Vacuum Tube Correct Assembly? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 18, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

67 Steel Brake Booster Vacuum Tube Correct Assembly?

As part of my power brake booster upgrade I've purchased the small block pre-bent brake vacuum tube that all of the Camaro parts suppliers list as common 67-69. I also purchased the stand off bracket that supports the hose that attaches under the aft-inboard valve cover bolt. It seems as there is no way these components work together (metal tube does not come anywhere close to the correct length angle to line up with that bracket hole).

The plug wire support stand off bracket for 67 is directly in the way of any reasonable position of the tube... (68 has a hole in the middle of it and the tube would work perfect with that - but I want to keep the engine dress all 67 factory correct for an L30/M20 car MK code no smog).

What is the correct assembly supposed to be? For me running the rubber hose all the way from the brake booster to an intake fitting is unacceptable - no way they did that in 67 out of the factory. I've found lots of pics online of laughable positioning of that tube, so it is clear that I'm not the first to be unaware of how it came from the factory, but I must be in the minority of those who care beyond it just functioning... I want it as close to replicating factory as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 18, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Re: 67 Steel Brake Booster Vacuum Tube Correct Assembly?

I've been through my copy (electronic) of the Factory AIM Assy Manual (hours pg/ pg because it will not scroll) and the most I can find is it should be on Option "J50" Sheet "A3". My manual for some reason is MISSING THE PAGE Option "J50" Sheet "A3" !!!! How can an electronic copy not have this?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 18, 06:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael

Here is a picture from my 67 hard copy AIM of J50/A3

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J50A3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	222115  

67 LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 18, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Wow - THANK YOU VERY MUCH! The part that I was sold (that every eBay part supplier has labeled as common 67-69 is wrong!)... It should be (per this sheet) #3909909... they are selling #3923286 as shown in the 68 manual as common all three years! Unfortunately I already made 1 modification to mine that will prevent me from returning it - but at least this can be an alert to keep others from the same predicament.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode