CPP master cylinder and 11" booster install - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ryan

CPP master cylinder and 11" booster install

Hey guys, I recently received the CPP 500 series steering box, master cylinder & 11" booster (4 wheel disc setup). The master cylinder kit and brake booster seem all setup and ready to go (minus the paint for MC).

When I try to bolt the booster to the firewall, the bracket sits about 1" from the firewall because the round plastic part that looks like it should go through the firewall is a little too big. If that round plastic part would fit through the firewall, everything would bolt up nicely. Is it just a matter of widening the hole it is supposed to go through? Or is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to find information on this, all the videos I've found make it look like a simple bolt up install.

Thank you!!

69 Camaro SS, restomod, 350 SBC M-LT9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 09:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ben

Garage
Re: CPP master cylinder and 11" booster install

post pictures. i think the plastic part you're talking about may be packaging protection that gets removed before install but can't remember
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ryan

I can't seem to get the pictures to attach, I've resized the jpgs as small as I can, but after I drag them in they just disappear. Maybe it's the probationer status?

I can pull the plastic part off, but there is a black lubed plastic piece that would just sit exposed if I take if off.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 10:50 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ben

Garage

are we talking about the white / clear plastic piece covering the foam on the end of the one in the attached picture? if so, i'm 99% that went in the trash during my install and cant remember if the foam goes through the hole or if that hit the trash can too. looks like packaging protection.....BTW, don't even ask me why i have pictures of parts in boxes and not pictures "during" install. i've got the attached pic and then in everything else it's mounted on the firewall.

maybe one of the very many more knowledgeable people than me will chime in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160310_175557.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	223279  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ryan

That is the exact part though! I think we all do pics when we open a box of car parts haha. Well, if it is trash, which it is sounding like it is, glad its easy and I'm just a dummy. Why would the part underneath that plastic have grease / lube on it though? It looks like it would just sit between the mounting bracket and collect dirt.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 11:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ben

Garage

I'm still not 100% sure, but 99.9% that i threw all that jazz out. it's been a few years but i can attest to having fully functioning power brakes without issues too date
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 11:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ben

Garage

i think you're talking about the rod the clevis mounts too that goes through the firewall...pushrod, or clevis rod or whatever it's "official" name is. if so, all that plastic and foam crap goes away the the rod rides in the black sleeve. once mounted, it will be on the inside of the car under your dash so i wouldn't worry about it being exposed.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 18, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Ryan

Thank you very much, even though it ended up being a silly question, I found one video of a guy putting it in a 55 Chevy or something like that and I'm pretty sure he trimmed around the plastic! It didn't seem right, so I'm glad I came here! You guys rock!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode