Team Camaro Tech banner

Requesting alignment specs w/ .5 Proforged & 3" drop coils

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  allanjs 
#1 ·
Hi All, I'm headed to the alignment shop this Saturday for the initial alignment since reassembling my 68. I have factory control arms with the Proforged upper balljoints and outer tie rod ends along with Hotchkis 3" drop coils.

My driving plans do not include any type of competition but I do happen to have some beautiful canyon roads all around the area I live in.

Based on what I've read on David Pozzi's site and here on Team Camaro I believe I should request the following specs:

Caster: LF 5 deg positive, RF 5.5 deg positive
Camber -.5 degree
Toe in: 1/16"

Based on my configuration and driving plans is this correct, or are there other considerations such as the drop coils that should change the requested specs?

As always, thanks for the insight -

#3 ·
Re: Requesting alignment specs w/ .5 Proforged & 3" drop coils

I think that sounds reasonable IF you can you can achieve it with stock control arms.
I'm right there with you. I had about 3 positive caster at zero camber with stock arms and ride height. I doubt you'll get much more without the Guldstrand mod.

Those specs are fine if you can get that much. If not shoot for as much positive caster you can get at -1/2 Camber. You may get different results with the taller joints than I expect.

Jeff

#6 ·
Re: Requesting alignment specs w/ .5 Proforged & 3" drop coils

Seems about right with stock control arms on a first gen Camaro (or a 3rd gen Nova).
If the shop tried to get more positive caster, they would have also been increasing your neg camber at the same time.

I had to install aftermarket tubular control arms to get additional positive caster... while keeping my camber at neg .5° (I did not want to do the Guldstrand mod).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.