Team Camaro Tech banner

Speedtech Pro Touring Bare Subframe 1967-1969 F Body

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Kendogz57 
#1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone installed the Speedtech Pro Touring Bare Subframe?

What do you think of it? Do you have to use Coilover Shocks with this Subframe?

If you purchased their bare Subframe what parts did you use to complete your build?

Thank,

Ken

#2 ·
Curious why you want to use a subframe that forces you to use a Unisteer rear steer rack. Not a great piece imho.

Don

#3 ·
I have their frame with speedtech upper and lower arms and the brake line kit specifically made for the frame with an ls3 and speedtech headers made for the sub. It all fit flawlessly Vehicle

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah, just talked to Speedtech and you are actually better off buying their full package as the bare frame is not designed to use with stock parts. The full package is not really in my budget at this time.

I guess I will stick to trying to find a decent stock subframe from a 1st gen Camaro or a 68-72 Nova.

Thanks.

#6 ·
the three things i bought from speedtech are, the bare subframe, a arms, and sway bar. evreything else can be gotten later from other sources. plumbed my own brake lines instead of paying a crazy amount for their brakeline kit. bought shocks direct from viking, but you can use any brand you like as they are standard items. reused my spindles. ordered the steering components from unisteer. its a standard camaro steering kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.