Team Camaro Tech banner

Guldstrand mod...please help!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  q2quest 
#1 ·
Ok, after reading endlessly about this mod I decided to do it. I printed out David Pozzi's template and went to work drilling new holes. To my amazement it came out perfectly. However, I have Speed Tech upper control arms and when I slide the cross shaft onto the studs the cross shaft at the rear hits the rounded part of the mount and won't sit flush. I thought I read all the threads, but I must have missed that one. What do I do? Do I notch the mount? Does anyone have pictures? AAAAGGGHHH. Please help!

#3 ·
I did the same as Jim. You have to put a shim there, but cut the bottom part of the shim off so that it will sit flush.

#5 ·
I have the warning on my site too. Just use a regular thick shim and cut it short, leave it against the frame if you add any other shims.
If you don't mind heating your frame bracket you can heat the area and bump it down, but if you do the normal/recomended alignment for the most caster you can achieve up to 5 or 5.5 deg positive, then the rear bolt will have a fiew shims on there anyway so there isn't much reason to bump the frame except to prevent an uninformed alignment guy from messing up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.