BB coil question....again - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 06, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

BB coil question....again

This is for the sister car of your camaro....a '68 Nova.
I am converting a 6cyl car to a BB (402ci) car and I believe I need different coil springs. I did a search for coil springs and so much info came up my haed started swimming. What is the number spring I need or can a stock SB spring work? It will not be a daily driver/canyon carver, it will be a weekend driver/drag racing (@ the strip) Nova. Will the car bottom out with the 6cyl springs once the BB is in.

Yes, I posted this on the Nova forum (not many answers)

Brian
'68 Nova
402 BBC, Edelbrock Torquer intake, Doug Herbert Cam (.553-.571 lift), Solid Lifters, 750 DP Holley, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers (DeskTop Dyno Says 430hp-420ft# T--Hopefully it is close)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 06, 11:15 AM
Senior Tech
Wes

Re: BB coil question....again

Hey Brian,..I replaced the coils on an original BB 69. Eaton Detroit Spring, 313-963-6820, asked me a couple of questions about if A/C equipped (no), std or auto (std), etc, and fixed me up with their part number MC-1266,..about $140 for the pair. Car sits at factory height which is perfect for me. Some today, like a lower stance,..if that's what you want, ask for it.

EDS was an OEM supplier of springs for GM back in the day,..so they know a thing or two.

Good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 06, 11:22 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Although the name is the same, there is no connection between Mike Eaton's Eaton Detroit Spring Co. and the Eaton Corporation, which is a Tier 1 OEM supplier (and has been for decades). Eaton Detroit Spring is a full-service spring manufacturing operation that can duplicate almost any spring.
From another thread...

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 06, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

No recommended moog numbers or from anyone?
Most springs I see are around $50, I really do not want to spend $140 for Eatons.

How will a SB spring hold up a BB frontend?

Brian
'68 Nova
402 BBC, Edelbrock Torquer intake, Doug Herbert Cam (.553-.571 lift), Solid Lifters, 750 DP Holley, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers (DeskTop Dyno Says 430hp-420ft# T--Hopefully it is close)

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 06, 02:49 PM
Team Member
Christropher

I see Moog's recommended quite a bit actually, you're just not getting a ton of response to your thread. I'm not knowledgable enough yet to recommend suspension components though, that's for folks like David Pozzi to do.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 06, 02:59 PM
Senior Tech
Chuck

Straight line 69 ....Can you send me ..or POST here good pics of your BB 69 Camaro. I ve been involved in previous threads and didnt act yet. I have a 69 COPO clone that very much simulates a REAL COPO.......with Turbo 400. My 1st springs bought from well known dealer had car sit TOO low....then springs bought from McHenry Camaro Parts have car sitting a tad TOO high in most peoples opinion...even after 750-850 miles of driving.......Im still looking for the RIGHT look

Chuck Sharin
Seattle area
69 COPO recreation (Day 2)
70 Z-28
70 L-78
70 SS R/S
73 RS LT
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 06, 03:40 PM
Banned

Unhappy Re: BB coil question....again

Don't take me wrong here, b/c THAT is a BEAUTIFUL car!

But I remember the day I took position of my car back in Dec., '66 and it sure didn't look like that under the skin!

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode