DSE subframe connectors - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 06, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

DSE subframe connectors

I am considering installing DSE subframe connectors on my '69 Camaro. DSE stated that some of the floor will have to be cut to install.
Has anyone installed these? If so, how far do they protrude above the origional floor? Once carpet is installed, are they really noticable?

DSE also strongly recommended their aluminum bosy to frame bushings. How much road noise and vibration will these transmit into the car?
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 06, 06:44 PM
Tech Team
Tim

Re: DSE subframe connectors

They don't stick up more than about an 1-1 1/2 inches. The factory carpet covers them very easily and they aren't noticable at all. No one would notice them without looking under the car. I don't have any experience with the bushings. I'm sure someone else can help out with those.

Once you give in you can never go back.
Currently searching for the perfect Camaro.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 06, 06:52 PM

THE FRAME CONNECTORS ARE THE BEST ON THE MARKET!!! easy install and not very noticable at all.i've installed a few sets and they fit like a glove.Solid bushings have been around for decades.just a solid hockey puck.no need on a street car,then again either are the frame connectors!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 06, 06:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

They are not seen once carpet is in, looks like a regular floor. The bushings work well, no problems on mine.

Jody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 06, 09:06 AM
Senior Tech

I recently installed them in my car. This should give you an idea how much they are above the floor pan:

Scott

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 06, 02:44 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTURBO
Solid bushings have been around for decades.just a solid hockey puck.no need on a street car,then again either are the frame connectors!!!
Both are needed on most unibody vehicles. When you stiffen up the body, the suspension can do its job without any changes due to flexing. If you decide on the DSE connectors, you must run the solid bushings on the frame.
Solid frame bushings don't transfer much to the seat of the pants, as it prevents the frame from moving independent of the body, resulting in a better, more predictable ride and handling.

Tyler

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 06, 06:36 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: DSE subframe connectors

Ditto Teetoe!!

I am very happy with the fitment of my cheap Jegs bolt-on S/F/C's!!

If I get all that carried away, I will weld them in along with the bolts now!!

And my S/F bushings are "hard as frozen hockey pucks" black POLY jobbers that I had to notch using a hacksaw so the S/F/C's would fit around the rear ones!! Crude but worked fine!!!!

pdq67

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTURBO View Post
THE FRAME CONNECTORS ARE THE BEST ON THE MARKET!!! easy install and not very noticable at all.i've installed a few sets and they fit like a glove.Solid bushings have been around for decades.just a solid hockey puck.no need on a street car,then again either are the frame connectors!!!
He is correct, had them on my TTA and loved them
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 02:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dennis

Sent you a I.M.

Dennis
69 Z/28. 302DZ, Autogear M22, Red w/black stripes.
69 Camaro, ZZ4, 700R4, 8.5 3:42 posi, X11
70 Nova SS 396, 4sp, 3:55 12 bolt
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 02:29 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

I did 'em (connectors and mounts) and I like. Can't say if they harshened the ride, since I did coilovers, rears springs, poly bushings, and short sidewall tires all at the same time. The ride did stiffen (harshen) up, but the handling is FANTASTIC.

I plagarized an idea from 69ProTouring (Thanks Scott!) to make the subframe removable. Instead of welding it to the front subframe, I welded the SFCs to the body and bolted them to the subframe. Some may say that bolting them in defeats the purpose of welding, but, although I'm not an engineer, I can't believe there is any significant difference in rigidity with this method in the post I made below:
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86236
Making fun of my welding skilz is not allowed...

Scott

His and Hers Marina blue 67's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode