Rear Leaf Springs 67 InLine 6 - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 06, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ed

Post Rear Leaf Springs 67 InLine 6

I have a 67 Inline 6 and want to replace the rear leaf. I just finished replace the front ball jouint, bushing, shocks and spring coils (THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED IN THERE FEED BACK AND INPUT, This website is great ).
Now I'm off to replace the rear leaf springs and don't know where to start or that kind to buy. I want to keep my Camaro stock and want the stock look I like the stance it currently has where the rear is lifted up a bit. I read on a previous topice that some one used Calvert leafs. I just don't know the first thing about leafs and the do's and don't when buying them. Which should I use a single leaf or a mult leaf ?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 06, 08:37 PM
Tech Team

Re: Rear Leaf Springs 67 InLine 6

Have you done a search on this? I just did mine also,there is a great deal of info on this already. Do a search on leaf springs and be prepared to do alot of reading. Check out David Pozzi website.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 06, 09:57 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mred91316
... I want to keep my Camaro stock and want the stock look I like the stance it currently has where the rear is lifted up a bit....Which should I use a single leaf or a mult leaf ?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
67's only came with mono leafs. So from that stand point stay with the single leaf. If you don't care there are several multi leaf spring conversions that will work with your stock hangers. If the rear is still up in the air and not sagging why do you want to change them? Just put new bushing in.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1/[email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 11:03 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Rear Leaf Springs 67 InLine 6

You can't replace them with stock type re-pop's b/c NOBODY make's stock type double tapered mono springs that I know of!!

Check all this out on the 3-leaf, mono replacemrnts that I have put together and saved on this from here through the months/years past!!

"Here's the information on these springs. They are made by, (at that time), S&G Enterprises, Inc. Their website is S&G Enterprises and the part # is 21-245. They are made in Mexico. This same part shows up on this website Triangle Spring as factory replacement springs. They don't list the details such as spring rate on either site though.
My JCW cat. is number 671J-02 and the spring number is 94UA2669X at $62.95 each.

If this cross references to one of the the numbers you listed which should be the second one down.
More info on the JCW springs. According to the sticker on the springs I installed from Vette Brakes the JCW/Triangle and VB springs both have the same PN (21-245).

I am going to assume they are the same spring given the PN and the fact my VB springs were labled "Triangle". This would make the JCW springs #130.

The curious thing is after the install my rear end is about an inch higher with the VB springs than other who have used the JCW springs. (Yes, everything was tightned after it was on the ground)
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27619
Here is the thread with the info on my VB springs.
https://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/forum...2.html?#000000
Just trying to keep all the pertinant info in one thread.

St. Louis Spring, (sell's them too), = 1-314-533-2132, Mon-Fri 7:30-4:30. Per Mike P."

And I have JCW's on my car now, BUT I did rework them by adding two more leaf's to each from my shot '68 'Bird multi's to better match my about 500 to 525 pound front coils.

pdq67

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 11:18 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Rear Leaf Springs 67 InLine 6

Add this too!

"www.johnrspring.com phone # 1800-521-0563 hope that helps let me know."

pdq67

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 06, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ed

I just received my 3 leaf springs from JCW and also my poly bushings, leaf pads and shock extenders. What else do I need to replace from mono to multi? My old plates have bolts welded to them, can I resuse the plates and hardware. I trying to advoid having to do any welding. I know I would have to drill a center hole on the plate for the bolt on the mult to fit.

Last edited by mred91316; Aug 23rd, 06 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode