JCW 3" leafs - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 06, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question JCW 3" leafs

Hey guys,

I did a search and found alot of info but not for what pertains to my 67 camaro. Before I bought mine somebody put another rear in it. So I already have the U bolts and possibly other changes. So here are some pics to show you my leaf setup. Please tell me what I will need to complete this project.

I already know the bushings are shot. Do all 4 come with new leafs? I plan on using JCW 3" leafs but in my search someone said AFCO is better and same price but on their website it looked like the $128.00 price was for one. Also do I have the right leafs from JCW.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...26346410255809

1967 Camaro coupe Deluxe interior LT-1 350 w/ 4spd. M-21 trans and 12 bolt rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 06, 06:33 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: JCW 3" leafs

DO a search on me b/c I did the JCW, 3-leaf mono replacement deal and am very pleased with it!!

I ended up modifying mine as you will turn up!! AND to me, the price was RIGHT!!

Heck, here is what I saved to get you started!!!!!

"
Here's the information on these springs. They are made by S&G Enterprises, Inc. Their website is S&G Enterprises and the part # is 21-245. They are made in Mexico. This same part shows up on this website Triangle Spring as factory replacement springs. They don't list the details such as spring rate on either site though.
My JCW cat. is number 671J-02 and the spring number is 94UA2669X at $62.95 each.

If this cross references to one of the the numbers you listed which should be the second one down.
More info on the JCW springs. According to the sticker on the springs I installed from Vette Brakes the JCW/Triangle and VB springs both have the same PN (21-245).

I am going to assume they are the same spring given the PN and the fact my VB springs were labled "Triangle". This would make the JCW springs #130.

The curious thing is after the install my rear end is about an inch higher with the VB springs than other who have used the JCW springs. (Yes, everything was tightned after it was on the ground)
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27619
Here is the thread with the info on my VB springs.
https://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/forum...2.html?#000000
Just trying to keep all the pertinant info in one thread.
St. Louis Spring = 1-314-533-2132, Mon-Fri 7:30-4:30. Per Mike P.
www.johnrspring.com phone # 1800-521-0563 hope that helps let me know."

Imho, EXCELLENT INFO on this!!

pdq67

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 06, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question Re: JCW 3" leafs

PD,

Thanks for your info but I already read it when I did my search. Can you answer any of my questions? Does anything on my car look different than other 67's besides the U bolts?

I'll search for your other info to. Your second link from bottom doesn't work. I also need to know if my JCW link is to the right leafs because I want to order them ASAP.

Are these right?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...26346410255809

Thanks

1967 Camaro coupe Deluxe interior LT-1 350 w/ 4spd. M-21 trans and 12 bolt rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 06, 11:42 AM
Senior Tech
Mike Petrovich

Re: JCW 3" leafs

I purchased my #21-245 3 leaf mono replacements from St. Louis Spring, the phone is (314) 533-2132. I think someone else from this forum ordered from them and liked them. I know JCW used to carry the same part # springs listed for Nova/Camaro, not sure if they still do.

1968 327 sport coupe. Son of original owner.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 06, 01:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rob

Looks like JCW is finally shipping the springs, order about 6 weeks ago. I'll keep you posted on the install issues if any. RamJam, that is the same part number I ordered for my 67, which originally had mono's.

Rob

67 base convertible, GMPP 350/330 HO, TKO500....
Taken around the block for the first time 12/2/07

Finaly getting some paint Sept. 2009

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 06, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Rock,

That's some of the info I needed. Thanks

Does my first pic look like the same setup on your car? I just don't want to get these leafs and them not work because my setup isn't stock rear.

It says on JCW site they will ship in 24hrs. Whats up with that?

What other parts did you buy? Can't wait to hear how you make out. Good luck.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 06, 02:56 PM
Senior Tech
Call me Funk

Send a message via AIM to CFunK

RJ,

Your setup looks just like mine before I did the 3 leaf swap. I don't see any issues that you will encounter. Take a look at my sig for some pictures of the 3 leaf in a mono perch.

-Funk

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 06, 03:55 PM
Tech Team
Brad Cushman

I ordered the JCW 21-245 / 94UA2669X springs last Monday. They shipped yesterday and are estimated to arrive on the 15th. I will pitch my two cents in with pics as this project gets underway. I also bought the fast ratio steering upgrade parts and will accomplish that ASAP.

Brad Cushman
'67 SS/RS
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 06, 04:09 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: JCW 3" leafs

Yes, they are '68 NOVA cars, 3-leaf mono replacements.

I don't think the Second Gen. springs fit our cars.

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode