will my ride height change??? hopefully>>??? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Smile will my ride height change??? hopefully>>???

I just got done with the whole underneath of my car, very big milestone for me. anyways i got my subframe and a'arms and stuff powdercoated completely stripped the underneath and added undercoating. got all new poly bushings from front to rear went with the three leaf jcw conversion. i have a 67 so it had the monos. put 17 inch foose wheels 255/45. went with the 11.5 four wheel cross drilled slotted and zinc etched disc conversion from matt's classic bowties. got my hotchkis sub frame conn. also added the slide a link traction bars. my question is i rolled it out of the garage today and wow it is sweet, but it sits pretty dang high. i have no motor or tranny in it and no gas tank or even seats will this sink down a bit i hope??? i stood in my trunk with a buddy and it is pretty stiff we really only got it to move about a couple inches maybe if that. also the front is very very stiff same thing stood with a buddy and barely moved at all. i got the coils changed to small block coils because my car is originally a six cyl. is it being this stiff bad and how or what can i expect it to sit like with everything in or on it>????? any opinions? thanx , Rich S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 10:06 PM
Senior Tech

Re: will my ride height change??? hopefully>>???

The car will drop a good bit when you install the rest of the heavy stuff in the car.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

i hope so man it is pretty high and very stiff feeling.... doesn't look good to me.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 11:58 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

Keep the control arm bolts loose until you get the weight on the car and drive it a couple blocks or so. That should settle it in.

I wouldnt get too worried about it yet, its normal.

Driving a #s-matching Z in the rain..... and lovin' it....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 06, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

the control arm bolts aren't tightened yet. what's going on with the rear anyone else have that problem?? it looks like i have air shocks or something ahhhh that's not for me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 06, 06:17 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Buck

You have any pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(far superior to the Pontiac Phoenix)

The Internet. It doesn't make you stupid. It just makes your stupidity more accessible to others.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 06, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

yeah but i don't really understand how to post them if any one could post it for me i could take a pic with my cell and send it to your email....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode