power steering assembly (Spring fell out) - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 06, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

Question power steering assembly (Spring fell out)

I might have a problem. I took the pump off to paint it and when I took the pressure line off,a spring and nipple thing fell out of the hole. I am not sure of what order it goes back in. The reason this happened is because I did not realize that the pressure line is attatched to a coupling that is part of the pump.

67Camaro 396BB 750Holley, edlebrock performer,280isky,3.42 posi, turbo 350,stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSDready to run distributor, headers, 2.5"exhaust, Hotchkis(1.5"/2"drop).(orig.Deep water blue/light blue dlx inter, v8 column shift/bench seat)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 06, 07:14 PM
Senior Tech

Re: power steering assembly (Spring fell out)

The spring goes in first all the way to the bottom , and then the plunger with nut end in first and then the fitting with the o/ring and then the pressure line .
Mark .

pictures can be viewed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 06, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

Well that will explain it fellow B.C. boy lol. That is one beautiful car you have, I would say all the magazines will come knockin.

I put it with the plunger first then the spring. I guess that would explain why I don't have any power steering lol.

67Camaro 396BB 750Holley, edlebrock performer,280isky,3.42 posi, turbo 350,stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSDready to run distributor, headers, 2.5"exhaust, Hotchkis(1.5"/2"drop).(orig.Deep water blue/light blue dlx inter, v8 column shift/bench seat)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 06, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

Thanks again Mark, I installed it right and it works like a charm.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 06, 11:05 AM
Senior Tech

No problem at all , most poeple I reply to are in the States , there is some of us goodguys hear in Canada .
Mark .

pictures can be viewed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode