Wilwood brakes - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 06, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Craig

Wilwood brakes

Has anyone used the wilwood disc brake kit sold by classic industries & is it covered by their 20% discount ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 06, 03:18 PM
Senior Tech
Bob

Re: Wilwood brakes

I have a kit, didnt get it from Classic. Try either Summit or call Wilwood directly. I hear that they are selling kits directly at a great price. They make a nice kit that looks good and works well. Installation is straight forward.

Good Luck

Bob
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 06, 03:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Interesting post, can't wait till more blanks are filled in.

Brakes are on my todo list for this winter, put them off long enough. While I know perfectly well that an original type single piston power disk front brake setup with the original drums in back would do the job fine, the bling factor just ain't there for me, and I don't want a power booster. Many, particularly company's selling Wilwood brakes, say the big bore single piston brakes don't work well without a power booster.

The Wilwood stuff is slick. They look and work great. They promise no problems in a manual brake setup. They have a proper emergency brake, a separate internal drum just like the old vettes used, that will last forever if you exercise it (with my tko, it gets exercised every day)

And the cost is respectable, not much more than a single piston 4 wheel disk brake setup with a problematic e-brake, and I think less than a C4-C5 type Australian caliper setup.

So lets hear pros and cons on Wilwood?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 06, 03:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

if anyone knows the secret to digging old links out of the archives, I found this one and would really like to read it.
https://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum7/HTML/000905.html

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 06, 05:58 PM
Senior Tech

Do the C-5 vette stuff , My vert stops on a dime , I did mine for under 5 bills . One thing you will need is more go for all that whoa so lets get off your butt and get started on the 427 . Keep in mind I also have a spare set of billet aluminum hubs with bearings that will work great with the C-5 stuff .
Mark .

pictures can be viewed at
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 06, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Craig

I said classic industries because they list for the same price as summit but I get 20% off at classic ( I don't know if this applies to wilwood brakes ) & also I need other parts & don't pay two companies for freight to Australia & also classics have always given me excellent customer service .

The 427 bbc & 200r4 are already fitted just finishing up the plumbing & fire it up .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode