Team Camaro Tech banner

Wheel size recommendation

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DjD 
#1 ·
The tires on my Camaro are 215/65R 15. What size wheel would look best?
15 x 8
15 x 7
15 x 6
Thanks

#3 ·
Luwi67, Did you mean the car came from the factory with the 14x6's not 15's? I think the 15x7 look good as well. With the 15x8's, you will have to worry about getting the correct backspacing so it doesn't rub (if the car is lowered and turn sharp) or hits on the steering linkage.

#4 ·
No, sorry Scott, I meant it had the 15x6 with 215/65r from the previous owner and I just swapped to a 15x7 rim with the same tire.

Dean, I think 15x7 with 4 1/4" backspace is a safe choice for the front and 15x8 with 4 1/2" backspace for the rear.

#7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! I've never seen what a car looks like with the various size wheels on so it's difficult for me to know what I'm wanting.

#10 ·
I have 15 x 8 Corvette rallys with 67 flat caps on my 69. 245/60 on the rear and 225/60 BFG RWL on the front. It really makes the car look muscular and I have no rubbing problems and get comments all the time. I have another 69 with "7" s and get no comments as it looks stock like the z's were.

#12 ·
Using tire rack . com and looking up the tire size and spec's for a tire they list what wheel size the tire is designed for. Your 215/65 15 is made for 6" - 7.5" wheels. Typically the widest wheel the tire is designed for will give the best performance and the tire will look slightly wider than it does on the narrower wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.