Team Camaro Tech - View Single Post - Welcome Classic Industries!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 12, 07:35 AM
L30 327
Senior Tech
Eric

Re: Welcome Classic Industries!

I bought an OER console from C.I. in 2004 for my '69 coupe. I took it out of the box it,cleaned it up good,and painted it the correct dark blue to match my interior. When I went to assemble it,much to my surprise I discovered that the main storage area lid had a VERY! poor fit to the console body. And the rear ash tray lid's holes were not in the correct location making the lid grind into the console body when attempting to open it,ruining the expensive paint job I had just given it.
When I contacted C.I. about this, I was told that since I had already painted it that I was stuck w/ it. I was not impressed with this type customer service to say the least. I was also told that if I could send them a "picture of the problem" that they would send me $100 back, if they thought it was "that" bad. At that time I did not own a digital camera so I did not take them up on it. I came away from the deal thinking, O.K. we sold you a P.O.S. Chinese console that is all screwed up for $400, we will knock that down to $300 since you called us on it. Great.
Since then I have slotted and shimmed the main lid hinges,correcting that problem. For the ash tray lid I had to close up and re drill those holes to obtain the proper swing. I do have to say that after about 25 hours of work that I should not of had to do to it, the thing looks pretty damn good,and it's pretty hard to tell that it's a OER from China, Thanks Classic.

'69 Camaro, w/'67 L30 327 .030, L79 cam, 700DP, M20, 3.73 12 Bolt

Last edited by L30 327; Mar 31st, 12 at 07:58 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome