David Cecil? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

David Cecil?

You sent me an email regarding changes in ride and harshness with larger than 15" wheels...
My reply won't go by email, says "delivery problems encountered" so here it is, hope you see it.

David,
Very pretty car (except for those rallye's and "big sidewall tires...lol)

My car is a driver too, and I've done a lot of mods to make it be a better one. IMO at least, cars built in the 60's left a lot to be desired as far as handling, some by manufacturers choice, some by the percieved consumers needs of the day, and some just limited by available technology (78 series bias ply tires for example.)

Also IMO, one of the biggest technological advancement is the past 40 years was tires.
The other has to do with consumer expectations, ie: what a good riding good handling car feels like.

So no, the changes I made to my car did not effect the ride or harshness in a negative way, just the opposite. The car is a lot more solid, stable, and predictable than it was, and I've still got a long way to go to get where I want it to be.

Even with near stock suspension and (worn out) robber subframe mounts, just the addition of those tires and wheels made the car drive so much better.

16's would be a good compromise size. With the Cragars it would still look very "old school" and the sidewalls are not that short. Look for a 225 front tire that's around 25" tall, and a 26-27" tall 255 in the back.

Jim

-------------- Original message --------------

hey Jim I made a post last week on back spaceing and you answered it we talked about taller tires than the 15's that came on the car in 68 .I was wondering .you have a 68 Conv.,how Much ride comfort did you loose and was body flex increased? by going to the 16 and 17 inch tires.I have'nt ordered anything yet still trying to decide what to do. I saw your website and your car, very nice.I don't have a protecto plate Trailer queen special. Mines a driver and I want the most dependable one I can build. Let me know the pro's and con's ...if any? about the switch if you can

Thanks David Cecil

P.S. Heres a Pic of the Car and how do I get a pic in my profile?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode