Who has rolled fender lips, pics? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Marc

Who has rolled fender lips, pics?

Any pictures and how it was done? I'm getting ideas on the different ways, cut ,grind ,roll ect.....

1968 Camaro Convertible ,350 TWIN TURBO , PTC 3000 stall, Hotchkis TVS kit / Subframe connectors, Caltracs, 9" rear, Street Star wheels (P275/40ZR17 / P235/45/17) , Electric cutouts. [B] .....FOR SALE.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 02:08 PM
George

Re: Who has rolled fender lips, pics?

I've had to do this twice. The first time I had a buddy hammer the lip back on my '64 with a body hammer so that I could tuck a bigger wheel/tire combo. That obviously left the paint chipped on the inner fender. He was pretty careful so the outer bedside was fine. I would not recommend this approach on a painted car. My '69 Camaro had the lip rolled at the body shop before paint. They used a fender rolling tool to press back an area about as wide as the tires. It turned out nice, very smooth. The shop would not recommend rolling the fender lip after paint. I've heard that cutting and grinding are not the way to go. Sorry, I don't have any clear pics.

Nice convertable.

George Chavarria

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Marc

Thanks. From what I have read 69's are easier to roll because of the quarter well being more square. Im wondering how the roller works on a round quarter with a 45* lip. I was wondering if it will roll nicely up or look like a bunch of wrinkles. I have the chrome outer trim so that will save me on any imperfections.

1968 Camaro Convertible ,350 TWIN TURBO , PTC 3000 stall, Hotchkis TVS kit / Subframe connectors, Caltracs, 9" rear, Street Star wheels (P275/40ZR17 / P235/45/17) , Electric cutouts. [B] .....FOR SALE.....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 05:21 PM
Tech Team

do a search, somebody just posted recently about buying the tool and renting to other TC members. I think he mentioned $40 plus shipping.

Brandt

1970 Nova 350/alum. heads/650 holley/373 11.03 et w/100 shot
1967 Camaro
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite em up View Post
do a search, somebody just posted recently about buying the tool and renting to other TC members. I think he mentioned $40 plus shipping.

Brandt

Yea , that was me..LOL.. I am thinking of buying one then renting it if someone wants it. I just want to know HOW GOOD it works before I go ahead and spend the money.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode