Mickey Thompson Et Streets Question - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Mickey Thompson Et Streets Question

Hi Guys,
I am getting ready to try out mt et streets on my 68 big block camaro on the track. What air pressure should I start out with? Also, are these tires ok to drive on the interstate to the track as long as its dry? Its about a 25 minute drive. I haven't mounted them on the rims yet since the tubes are on the way. They are 28x11.5. I am mounting them on 15x8.5" rally wheels with 4.75" backspacing. Should I anticipate any problems having the tires mounted on these rims? Can any tire shop mount them? or any problems with fit on the car (not tubbed).

Thanks,

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 01:00 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: Mickey Thompson Et Streets Question

Yes, should be fine. Now I will say the rearend will feel squirmy due to road irregularities.
I would say to try 16-18 to start and go from there.
Most shops will mount them, and they should be fine on an 8" wheel. I run a 285/60/15 (27.5x11.25 approx) on same size wheel as you are and it does rub on hard corners and off camber bumps.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

Last edited by DOUG G; Mar 16th, 07 at 05:18 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks for the reply.

Scott

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 07, 04:11 AM
Senior Tech
Keith

Send a message via AIM to softail02

The wrinkle wall ET Street you should run screws with them in the rim. I run 31X18.5 MT ET and run about 7-9 lb .

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

70 RS Pro-Street stiil have
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 RS/SS EX wife's ( C**T) car lost cause my state sucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Tahoe LTZ lost cause my state sucks
02 2500 crew LT Duramax FOR SALE
04 Fatboy sold to pay lawyer fees

2010 Caddy CTS 3.6
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 07, 11:12 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

I try to keep mine at 18psi on the street and will go to 15psi at the track. You shouldn't experience any problems with the setup you mention. The sidewalls give, and cornering should be done with care. As for fitment, here is a pic of my Weld 15x8 wheels with 28x12.5 ET Streets.

Jim

Then: N/A, 436 ci, Stock Block, Track 1's, Stock Suspension, Ranchos, 3250 lbs... 1.33 60 ft / 9.69 @ 138 mph
Now: Boost...

Last edited by .gearhead.; Mar 31st, 07 at 05:37 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 07, 11:24 AM
Senior Tech

.gearhead. Did you just get that car recently? I saw that car for sale out Sandusky Ohio a few months back. I wanted to go look at it but I had one to sell first.

Erik

67 Camaro Pro Street, 540 Bill Mitchell Merlin big block, Merlin Aluminum heads, Holley 870, hydraulic camshaft, 2" Hooker Super Comp headers, Mallory and Crane ignition system, TH400, 2600 stahl, Ford 9" w/ 4:10 gears and posi.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 07, 12:11 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

Erik, yes you're right. I bought the car a month ago in Sandusky. I looked at about 100 cars, narrowed it down to 4, and got that one. Very clean. I have lots of plans for it...

Jim

Then: N/A, 436 ci, Stock Block, Track 1's, Stock Suspension, Ranchos, 3250 lbs... 1.33 60 ft / 9.69 @ 138 mph
Now: Boost...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 07, 06:05 PM
Senior Tech

I am jealous!! What kind of plans do you have for it!!

Erik

67 Camaro Pro Street, 540 Bill Mitchell Merlin big block, Merlin Aluminum heads, Holley 870, hydraulic camshaft, 2" Hooker Super Comp headers, Mallory and Crane ignition system, TH400, 2600 stahl, Ford 9" w/ 4:10 gears and posi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode