BFG's in short supply - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 07, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Retired
Jim

BFG's in short supply

Just a heads up to folks. Nobody in my area could get BFG's T/A in the 235/60/R15 size for nearly 60 days, everyone was on backorder from the factory. I got lucky and called around and found a set in Mpls at Discount Tire and they put a hold on them for me. 2 other dealers tried to scalp them away but the guy held them and I got them on Wed. If you are thinking about new rubber, call around, seems to be a shortage.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 07, 01:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Re: BFG's in short supply

Jim... nice find and choice too! I have been running them since 2001 and love them. I think its the demand for that brand rather than anything else. I think they will get caught up about October...time for season end

Kev
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 07, 01:37 PM
Senior Tech
Steven

I was shopping for T/A today also ... I began thinking Dunlop or Yokohama after searches were drawing blanks. Maybe I'll see some in Charlotte this weekend ...

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 07, 05:47 PM
Senior Tech
Harold

I was able to get the 235's for the front of my car but, I ordered the 255/60 's from summit and they have Back ordered them until mid summer!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Retired
Jim

I finally got around to getting my new tires mounted on my new rally wheels I need to clean them up now but the car sits much more level as I had 15" on back and 14" on front. Now I have 'carma' with 235/60/R15's all the way around. Should be nice ride now with the new 700R tranny on the highway. I need to clean up my trim rings now too.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:31 AM
Senior Tech
Ken

I work for chrysler and BFg's are one of our major tire brands.The company rep. says they are discontinuing radial TA's and being replaced by uniroyals.I can't believe it but it is true.The radial ta's have been around for so long,I can't under stand why they would give up a good thing.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmunro View Post
I work for chrysler and BFg's are one of our major tire brands.The company rep. says they are discontinuing radial TA's and being replaced by uniroyals.I can't believe it but it is true.The radial ta's have been around for so long,I can't under stand why they would give up a good thing.
I heard similar. I heard the TA line may move to Coker.

Great, Tiger Paws. Ug. Why rejuvinate the uniroyal name - that is dead to consumers.

I'm probably buying Firestone Indy 500s for my 77 this week.

Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:33 PM
Senior Tech
Ken

where is a good place to buy hoosier radials for my 69 for street use...love the look of them.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 08:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

I got the last 2 235/60R15 at Tognotti's in Sacramento last October. I don't think they carry BFG anymore. My usual source couldn't find them anywhere.
I should have gotten an extra for a spare.

So the 255's are getting rare too?

Dave

Known to run with scissors....
1969 Camaro Z/28 "clone", GMPP ZZ383, Autogear M22W, Moser 12bolt w/TruTrac 3:73.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 10:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I was finally able to buy a pair of 255/60-15's last summer. I had to wait almost 6 months because of their availablity. I hate to hear that they're going away. I might try to find another set before its too late to buy them anymore.

1968 Camaro Coupe: Forged 383, AFR heads, Edelbrock Air-Gap intake, Holley 750 dp, Dynatech headers (557 HP/543 TQ), TKO-600, 12 Bolt 3.73, Vintage Air.

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 11:20 AM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Dwight's Z/28

Ok, I don't know who to believe....

I just got off the phone with BF Goodrich at their main number and they did confirm to me that Radial T/A's were on back order, but not to worry that they had no intentions of getting rid of that line. She stated that they were back-ordered because they are in the process of a "redesign" to improve the tire. Now what that means???? Who knows......

1969 Camaro X77D80, Lemans Blue, Black Racing Stripes, Black Interior - *He who is taught only by himself, has a fool for a Master.*
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 05:13 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

Send a message via MSN to jet_car2000

Sounds like BFG is just going to improve it some,,its been a long time since it was 1st designed and tires are way more advanced today ,, so i would think the new design will be a much better tire,,,Frank

1968 vert
1967 RS/SS
1967 base 210 glide
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old May 1st, 07, 05:43 AM
Senior Tech

Thats a shame, nothing wrong with it. Mabe like Coke found out should have left it alone.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 07, 11:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_car2000 View Post
Sounds like BFG is just going to improve it some,,its been a long time since it was 1st designed and tires are way more advanced today ,, so i would think the new design will be a much better tire,,,Frank
Ha, the current one is like the 4th generation. I like to walk around car shows and see if I can find at least 3 generations - I almost always do if there are a lot of cars. And I like to see who is running 20+ year old tires on their cars. Maybe this summer I will try to document the BFG T/A evolution.

I hope the info from BFG is correct - I sure trust it more then the local guys I got info from. But the 'backorder' deal has been going on a while - which fuels their speculation, me thinks. Sizes have been dropping off the 'actually available' list for a while.

Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old May 7th, 07, 05:01 AM
Senior Tech

Brian,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

We greatly appreciate your interest and patronage. We do not have any plans
to discontinue the Radial TA tires. Our tires are on back order due to the
great demand. Please feel free to contact us at a later date for your tire
availability.

We have forwarded your request to the Marketing Department.

If your questions have not been answered to your satisfaction, please call
me at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:30AM and 6:00PM Eastern Time
Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,
Molly

BFGoodrich Tires
Consumer Relations Department

(Please Do Not Delete the line below.)
Email ID: 1730228
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode