Will American Racing Rebels fit????? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 07, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dario

Will American Racing Rebels fit?????

Hey guys,

I've recently had a good run of overtime and am thinking of some upgrades. I'm currently thinking of upgrading my stock 4 wheel drums to 4 wheel disks on my 67 RS Camaro by buying a kit from Matt at Matt's Classic Bowties. I gotta say, I've heard many good things about his kits and his customer service and that means a lot to me. Well, the question is, does anyone know if American Racing Rebels fit with this application? The wheels are listed as being +24mm Offset and 6.0" Backspace. I really like the look of these wheels and the price is right at the moment in order to get both things done at the same time. The tires I hope to run are 275/40x17 in back and 245/45x17 in front. Will the combination work? Will it work if I buy wheel spacers... if so how thick should the wheel spacers be for front and back and does anyone know where to find a set without breaking the bank? I'm doing these in my garage and ordering online, so I can't afford to get this wrong.

I had my heart set on a set of Intros but I'll never be able to walk away with a wheel AND tire set for under $1500, but with the Rebels I can. I'd love to build the ultimate pro touring rig but I'll never make that much so I figure good is almost as good as great and with the wife saying I already spend too much and two little ones demanding expensive diapers... well... it will the Rebels will have to do. In total I figure about 3 grand for both mods is do-able and I'm just about there.

Can anyone help me out with these questions? I sure would appreciate any answers, advice, and especially pictures if you're running a set of these or similar from American Racing.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 07, 07:09 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Will American Racing Rebels fit?????

i don't think so. they list them as only 9 inches wide. the fronts size and backspace for a 17inch wheel is 8 inches wide with a 4 3/4 inch backspace on a 245/45r17 tire. the backs can be 9 inches wide, but will need a 5 1/2 inch (5 will work) backspace on a 275/40r17 tire. a 9 1/2 inch wheel needs to have 5 1/2 inch backspace without tubbing. that is what i run and seems to be the 'industry standard'. i wish you better luck with the wheel hunt!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 07, 08:01 AM
Senior Tech

The backspace on the rebels are set for Corvette's and later model 4th gen camaros. I've don't alot of the rebels on those cars. The offset is way too high for your car, meaning way too much backspace. I have a good alternative for you, the NEW Amercain Torq Lite. They come in 17's, and you can get a set for about 650. Here's a photo, and feel free to call or PM me.

Jon
Driverz Inc.com
"The Custom Wheel Experts"
1-866-694-5940

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dario

Damn those ARE some nice wheels!

And they're 17x8's with a 4.5" backspacing? Does anyone know what the widest tire is I can put on these and still look good? I mean I was thinking of 275 or 255 in rear and 245 in front.

Does ANYONE have a picture of these things on a Camaro? Preferably a 67 if possible but any first gen will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode