Re: From stock to hot rod
A few items you'll probably want to include in your to-do list, if you already haven't, to help get traction down and save your parts...
1) Tires with grip. For example, drag radials. MT's or BFG's are nice.
2) Traction control. For example, CalTrac bars and springs are nice. I have them.
3) Chassis rigidity. Tie the frame.
4) Rear end strength. Use a decent 12 bolt or 10 bolt and axles. If you hook up well, you'll need it.
5) Driveline strength. Use a decent driveshaft and yoke. Go with steel. I'd also suggest a built TH400 or 350 (if auto).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Then: N/A, 436 ci, Stock Block, Track 1's, Stock Suspension, Ranchos, 3250 lbs... 1.33 60 ft / 9.69 @ 138 mph
Last edited by .gearhead.; Apr 21st, 07 at 02:53 PM.