flatten out wheelwell - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

flatten out wheelwell

I have a 69 and want to know if I flatten out he outside of each wheelwelll and roll the edge of the quarter panels how wide a tire can I install

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 05:22 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Re: flatten out wheelwell

Don't do it !!! ... Get another rear end a narrower and keep the old one ... I had 255 G 60's on the rear on my Z/ ... Had no problems ...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

why do you suggest not to do it?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 06:20 PM
Senior Tech

The standard answer "biggest wheel and tire combo that fits is 275 on a 9.5 wheel". You didn't say what diameter wheel so I'll guess 17 or 18s. Some guys have squeazed on up to 295/35-18s on 10 wide wheels but that takes a lot of nerve and patience. To get those to fit you need to roll lips and smash the inner wheel house in. Before you attempt anything that big keep in mind that 275s on 9.5s rub on some cars. Depends on the car and the condition of the car as well as what body panels if any have been changed. Do a search this is constantly discussed.

Jack
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 07, 07:44 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

mitchrac ... I am just another one of the many Camaro purists out here ... This is my opinion (and I am sure shared by others) ... There is nothing more beautiful than an ALL original Camaro ... It also keeps the value of the car up ... Anyways ... Just my opinion ... Find some stock wheels ... mount some nice steel belted radials (ooops not stock) ... But much better handling and they provide a stock appearance ... For what it's worth ... Just an opinion ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode