18" wheel, what size tire? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 07, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

18" wheel, what size tire?

I've tried to read all of the posts about tire and wheel sizes, but I guess my brain isn't working well enough to figure it out. I am putting a 67 together and am planning on using a DSE tub kit for the back to help with wider tires, but don't know what size tire to use. I am looking at 18" American Racing Killer wheels that would be 8.5" wide in front and 10" wide in back. I will be getting a new Moser rear end and Wilwood disk brakes all around. Because I'm getting a new rear end, shouldn't I be able to use just about any offset? And after droping the car about 2", what would be a good size for the tires? Any advise or ideas is greatly appriciated.

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 07, 02:27 PM
6D9
Senior Tech
Ron

Re: 18" wheel, what size tire?

Im running 18's on mine. The fronts are 18x8's with 5" bs. Tires are 245/40/18 BFG KD's. Rears are 18x10's with 5.75" bs. Tires are 275/40/18 BFG KD's. This is on a 69 with trimmed fender lips. Front is lowered 2" and rear is 3". Either way its a very tight fit all the way around but man does it look sick............

69 Camaro
491/AFR 315'S/Straub hyd roller
TH400/GV OD
9" 3.50
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 07, 05:31 AM
Senior Tech

Re: 18" wheel, what size tire?

With a DSE mini tub kit most people a running a 335/30-18 on a 12" wheel - the backspacing depends on the rear end width your going to use. I'm sure after you decide what that will be you can call DSE and they will tell you what backspace to order. If not you can post it here and we can probably help you out with it.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode