Team Camaro Tech banner

wheel studs are too long...now what?

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  BPOS 
#1 ·
68 covt...
ok so i swapped out the rear studs and used ARP studs. put the rear part of the bear brake kit. finally got the wheel/tire...even got the mcgard spline drive lug nuts.

go and put the wheel on and the studs are WAYYY too long. probably about 3/4 to an inch too long. so what to do now?

i would really like to avoid the look of open lugs. are there lug nuts that are extra long?

#2 ·
Screw a nut on the threads and use a cut-off wheel and trim to length. Cut straight as you can using the nut as a backstop. Unscrew the nut and that will fix the starter thread, then lightly file the cut edge.
Should be go to go.

#9 ·
Yup... those guys have way too much money and not enough... **cough, Ill leave that alone... cough** But a local machine shop could do it for less. I mean material and time... wouldnt cost $400. I think the shop that made those knew they too much money.

I just used the McGard 60127 thru nuts with my Vintage Wheel Works V45's...

I think I spent about $100 on the complete set.

#10 ·
To highjack here!!

Chicane,

Did you ever check out the '69 Merc Cougar Eliminator 2-speed rearend yet here that I tried to get you to??

Here's the link to it.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...-speed+rearend

I've got some money to put in on making it IF I could get the engineering blueprints off Ford!! In a New York Minute, I think it is that gooda deal!!

Let me know.

pdq67

Sorry about that guys, please carry-on..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.