Need Help -ASAP - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 07, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Need Help -ASAP

Hey guys,
I am relatively new here but I could really use some help. I have a '67 camaro w/ an LS1 and 4 wheel drum brakes. I am upgrading to c5 corvette disk on all four and have all the brake components and am waiting on 17" torq thrust m's( backorder for 2-3 weeks). Last night, my front driver's brake came apart. The shoe's friction material disintegrated into chunks and took out the wheel cylinder. THis car is my daily driver and I don't have the time or money to rebuild a set of drum brakes i will be removing in less than a month. Does anyone in Atlanta area have a set of 17" rims that will fit that I could borrow (any usable condition, will give you a deposit), until my actual rims come in. If not, does anyone know of a rim rental place in Atlanta? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 07, 11:17 AM
Senior Tech
Berry

Re: Need Help -ASAP

http://www.rentnroll.com/index.php?p...ons&vs=al&#loc

Its cheaper to be poor!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 07, 11:32 AM
Noel

Re: Need Help -ASAP

I'm looking to put some 17" or 18 " american racing torque thrust II wheels on my 67 rs camaro but, have not figured out which sizes are appropiate for this specific car. Any recommendations on which size? How much of a difference is there between both? Also looking to convert to power disc brakes (front and rear) Would I be able to put 14" or 15" rally wheels after this conversion if i use smaller rotors? Would this affect the quality in braking of the car?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 07, 07:31 PM

Thumbs up Re: Need Help -ASAP

Sure STOCK 12", JL8 four wheel disc brakes!!

15" rims

I think '69 stock, 11" fronts will take 14" rim, but check me here..

No rear disc tho. BUT an '80 Cad Seville rear disc conversion will fix you right up. have to work w/ it tho..

Try TSM and ECI for two places that make cheap rear conversions!!

As well as the guy over on ebay, Doug10 or 100 or whoever?? He's David Levesque, Steel Tech Solutions Inc., PO Box 1101, Marion IL 62959. Good guy by me!!

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode