Team Camaro Tech banner

Tires and wheels for 69 Camaro

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TMessick 
#1 ·
I am wanting to upgrade the tire and wheels on a 1969 Camaro I just bought. It is an SS car which currently has 14" Rallys with BFG tires. I want to go with the reproduction 15" SS reproduction wheels with the BFG Radial T/A,S. Can anyone recommend a size tire combo? Maybe a little smaller in front. Thanks

#2 ·
Stock '69 Z-28 tires and use one size bigger for the rear and one size smaller for the front diameter-wise and you will be FINE imho!!

Should be either E-60's or F's....................

I figure 25.5" tall tires stock here so a 25" on the front and a 26" tall tire on the back will be about as old-school as you can get, imho!!

Probably a 225 and a 255 will do to look at for starters here depending on section ratio is all!

45's, 50, 55's, 60, 65's, 70 and so on and so forth here is all!! Depending on rim dia?

My old E-60 and L-60/14's looked GREAT to me!!!

pdq67

#4 ·
I'm running 15x7 repro rallys with the 4.5" BS with 235-60R15 tyres on my '69 right now. Fronts rub the frame a bit at full lock if I corner at speed, but no issues other than that. If I were to do it over, I'd get 15x8 with 4.5" BS for the rear and 15x7 with 4.25" BS for the front as this would let you fit a bit bigger tyre in the back and give a bit more clearance up front. With that setup, you shuld be able to fit something like a 235 up front and a 255 rear with no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.