catastrophic belt seperation - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 07, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

catastrophic belt seperation

I was wondering why my car was "wallowing" right and left, felt like loose suspension. I looked at the tie rods, ball joints, idler etc.. tightened everything and thought that was the way a 40 year old car rode. Down the highway this afternoon some punk was going to pass me on the on ramp and that wasn't going to happen. At about 75 mph there was a very loud bang with lots of noise and smoke and I almost rolled. I was able to keep it on the road and pulled over. My tire tread came off like it was a bad repop. the tread tore my fender trim off and the trim piece on the rocker panel. I hope someone can learn from my misfortune, if you can't find anything obvious it might be a bad tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 07, 04:03 PM
Senior Tech

Re: catastrophic belt seperation

sometimes when people mount tires, they don't lube the beads up enough and they get torn. Air can work it's way up the sidewall an into the tread. They can often blow at high speeds just because of the add heat that is built up. It's a fun ride huh???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 07, 04:46 PM
Senior Tech
bill

Re: catastrophic belt seperation

so sorry for your mishappen.it could of been alot worse if you lost control.by the way nice car you got there. what brand of tire is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode