68 camaro rims - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 07, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Cool 68 camaro rims

I have spent time reading through posts and am yet to find an answer to my question.- my apologies if it has been said.

I have bought a set of weld drag lites. 15x8 rears- 4.5 bs and 15x7 fronts 3.5 bs. My goal is to fill the wheel wells as much as possible. I would like a smaller tire (width ) up front and the widest possible in the back.

Any ideas- what size would be best. also any suggestions on type of tires/tread? The car is a 5 yr resto ss (clone)- basically an ice cream/beach car ....no plans to drag the car.....just driving it and turning some heads.......thanks for any ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 07, 01:05 PM

Re: 68 camaro rims

I am running 255/60-15 on the rear and 235/70-15 on the front of my 68 with factory 15x8 rally wheels. I could probably squeeze a 275/60 on the rear. If you want the classic muscle car look with white letter tires, you would probably have to stay with a 60 series on the rear and a 70 series on the front. If blackwalls are okay with you, then you may be able to go with a narrower 75 series on the front, with a 60 on the back to give it a more staggered look. BF Goodrich T/A's look great as well as Goodyear Eagle II's. Good luck.......
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 07, 01:32 PM
Senior Tech
Josh

yep, i still dont know how to post pictures but here is my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2542119

i have a 15x8 weld pro star with 4.5" back spacing and a 275/60 t/a radial...the fronts are 15x3.5 with some 185/70/15.....the rear rubs slighty pulling in driveways at angles or if i have 4 people in the car, but then again i lowerd the back end about 1"....my next tire will be a 255/60 because im trying to lower my gear so it will have more take off power, because the 28" tire is killing it IMO..i think a 255/60 or even a 275/50 would be just perfect - 275/50 is like 26" tall i belive and the 255 is around 27"..

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 07, 06:28 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

I have 28x12.5x15 on my 15x8 Prostars.

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Then: N/A, 436 ci, Stock Block, Track 1's, Stock Suspension, Ranchos, 3250 lbs... 1.33 60 ft / 9.69 @ 138 mph
Now: Boost...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys- appreciate the info- i think i am going with the 275/50 on the back with 235/60- any other thoughts/criticisms- please send them along- i plan on buying over the weekend. If anyone else has the above set up on their ride- and can send a pic- please do.

ps. Any one know of a good oer windlace/ or a line on an original set? I have read the past post on the fact that the oer windlace are junk. I concur- i believe the set that are on my car now are oer- and the have split up top -

thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 07, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

well thanks for the info- made my purchase- car looks great- i bought bf good rich TA'S
235/60 Front 255/60's back- if i can figure out how - i will post pics...chow..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode