i am going to get these wheels. will they fit? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 07, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

i am going to get these wheels. will they fit?

offered by another member. he says they will fit my stock 67. can anyone confirm this before i send the money?
they are "Boyd Coddington HARM 17x8 and 18X10s with Nexen tires.
215/40/17, 265/35/18 4.75" bs front and 5" bs rear"

did some searches but hard to find this combo. i am bad with tire sizes
thanks

Don't stop now!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

Re: i am going to get these wheels. will they fit?

anyone? i have not read about anyone using 18x10 in the rear without tubbs.

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 01:06 PM
Senior Tech

I suggest you take some measurements and find out if they will fit your car, not the sellers or someone elses
and both of those sizes are pretty narrow for how wide the rims are

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

thanks, i was going to try and measure mine tonight. just thought someone here might have been through this already. seems like 9.5 w/5.5 bs is all anyone is fitting (without tubbs)
looks like i will have to pass on this deal. i will know later when i get home.

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 02:11 PM
Senior Tech
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypilot View Post
thanks, i was going to try and measure mine tonight. just thought someone here might have been through this already. seems like 9.5 w/5.5 bs is all anyone is fitting (without tubbs)
looks like i will have to pass on this deal. i will know later when i get home.
95% the front ones would fit, there pretty small ....the back though im not sure, i would say yes but might encounter some rubbing....i know I have big 275/60/15 which i know is totally different but if you look at the tire size in general, my tire size is 28" tall and close to 11" wide and i encounter slight rubs.......the tire that your looking at 265/35/18 is only 25" tall and 10.5 or so wide....i would just measure his back space and check on that..i think they will fit though..if its a good deal i would get them anyways and hang on to them
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

ok this is what i got for a measurement. at 12 o'clock position there are 11.25 inches from the lip to the inside. at 9:30 and 2 o'clock there is 10 inches.

the tire on there now is 12in wide and hangs out about 2 inches but it has room on the inside. wish i had one of those fancy measuring tools!

any input is very helpful. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	4144   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	4145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0256.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	4146  

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 05:23 PM
Senior Tech
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypilot View Post
ok this is what i got for a measurement. at 12 o'clock position there are 11.25 inches from the lip to the inside. at 9:30 and 2 o'clock there is 10 inches.

the tire on there now is 12in wide and hangs out about 2 inches but it has room on the inside. wish i had one of those fancy measuring tools!

any input is very helpful. thanks
alright, the wheel you have now is it a 10" wide or 8" wide ?.....if it is a 10" wide lay it down FACE down, and measure the back of the rim where the lugs go to the outside lip and thats how your measure back spacing...according how much room your tire has before it hits the inside fender, i see u have rub marks on it....... thats how you figure out how much more backspacing you can go
EX. if your rim is 4" back spacing, and you have 2" before the inner fender,. you could go to a 5-6" backspacing prolly....i dunno if you get what im saying but im trying to make it understandable

im coming down to odessa florida monday and tuesday for a truck driving trip, if your close id be glad to come by and help you, im kinda good at figuring out what rims and tires would fit
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

thanks josh but i am a little far from there. in the keys, about 2.5 hrs south of miami. i will measure the wheel and let you know. i get what you are saying.

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 07, 05:48 PM
Senior Tech

In most cases you need at least 5.5" of backspace on a 9.5" wheel right? So if you go bigger another 1/2" on the wheel and you go with a 1/2" LESS backspace you are going the wrong way - no? You're pushing a wider wheel further out. The tire is 10mm smaller than the usual 275 but that little bit is not going to over come the 1" that you lost. On top of that all these cars are a little different and some rub worse than others. The bottom line I don't think this set up will work unless you jack the car up high enough so the fenders don't come down on the sidewalls. By the way a 10" wide wheel is really 11" wide from edge to edge. You need a new measuring stick. I'm not trying to sound harsh just trying to keep you from making a mistake.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode