Team Camaro Tech banner

Source for traditional styled Trans Am tires?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  musclecarjohn 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I need to replace the Goodyear Eagle #1s with yellow letters on my Z28 and was hoping to find a source of replacements. Goodyear discontinued the yellow letter ones and made them white letter with a big ole NASCAR logo on them. Their race tires and drag radials still use the yellow, but I'm looking for something I can use for the street.

Hoosiers? I'm looking for period correct.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
Coker sadly was no help. I also tried Wallace Wade. The local Goodyear said that when they discontinue a tire the local shops send the tires back for a credit and they shred them :(

How illegal/dangerous would it be to run a non dot approved rain tire on the street??? I'm awaiting a firm scolding on this one. :eek:

http://www.racegoodyear.com/products/sportsrain.html

According to Hoosier none of their tires are approved for highway use except their drag radials.

I was hoping to maintain the traditional white/yellow lettered look.

#4 ·
It's fine until something either happens and the Law gets involved or you get caught at State Inspection time!!

That said, I wouldn't do it AND I've ran real recap slicks in ALL kinds a weather!!!

You ain't lived until you had to drive 125 miles on rain, then sleet and ice on an interstate hwy!!

pdq67

#5 ·
A buddy of mine does this for the vintage Trans-Am effect::yes:

These Goodyears have a nice groove in them and he hand paints them...and the letters.:yes:Once he wears them out though,he may be SOL...
He has track tires on different wheels,but I don't think he ever runs them on the street...:noway:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.