17" Torq-Thrust M - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 07, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

17" Torq-Thrust M

I am looking at the 17" AR Torq-Thrust M wheels, can you get any center caps other than the Shelby caps for these wheels? also, what is the biggest tire size i can run on a stock 1967 Camaro RS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 07, 06:18 AM
Senior Tech

Re: 17" Torq-Thrust M

Scott me too 17 front 18 back in black had the same question to myself would like to know?67 what back spacing and the biggest tire?I was told 18 by 9.5 with 4.75 backspacing in the back but have not firgured out the front yet?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 07, 07:59 AM
Senior Tech

I just bought some off e-bay, do a search for 1967 Camaro wheels. I bought 17 X8 with 4.5 backspacing and 235 for the front and 17 X 9 with 5 inch backspacing and 275 tires for the rear. I bought the silver center wheels, not the chrome. My car is silver with black stripes. These wheels do not have the cobra centers, they have the letter "R." You can order center caps with the chevrolet flags. They look great and fit great. The package was under $1100 with Z rated tires delivered to my door in 4 days. If you want a smaller rear tire and rim I think they were around $860.00 without shipping. I will work on getting some pictures posted this weekend. The only thing I had to do is get them balanced when they got delivered. The company used sticker weights that did not work on the rims. After putting these wheels on I see I need to lower the car now, the stance is just too high for my taste.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Camaro with 388 with Edleborck RPM heads, Air Gap, CC 282S, Tremec TKO

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 07, 08:22 AM
Tech Team
Hawk

The 17" TTM's I got had black centers and the center cap was black and chrome and says special edition on it. They are American Racing wheels. I looked at the wheels on eBay with the "R" and I don't think they are TTM's just a similar wheel. Mine are 17X8 with 4.5 backspacing. Great fit. I would prefer a wider rear wheel but AR does not make them in a wider size. See pic in the whats it worth section. I am thinking about selling my car. Thanks
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 07, 02:36 PM
Senior Tech

I finally went outside and took a few photos of my car. We just had twins born and life has been a bit crazy. The car needs to be lowered now, that project will be in the spring.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...v132007038.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Camaro with 388 with Edleborck RPM heads, Air Gap, CC 282S, Tremec TKO

Last edited by LukeSkywalker; Nov 13th, 07 at 03:25 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 01:15 PM

I'm also considering these wheels for my current project.

Will 17X9 with 6,75 backspacing with a 255 tire fit in the rear? Or is it too much BS?

Suspension is lowered by Hotchkis leaf springs.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 05:52 PM
Senior Tech

Exclamation Re: 17" Torq-Thrust M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfinsrud View Post

Will 17X9 with 6,75 backspacing with a 255 tire fit in the rear? Or is it too much BS?

Too much backspace. On a 9" wheel I would not go past 5.5".

Jack
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 06:02 PM
Senior Tech

Exclamation Re: 17" Torq-Thrust M

Quote:

Too much backspace. On a 9" wheel I would not go past 5.5".

Jack
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old May 8th, 08, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I see that they are only offered with that BS on a 17X9 wheel, probably for fitting the modern muscle cars. My option will then be 17X8 with a 4.5 BS on all four corners, but that will not give me the option to choose a wide tire at the rear. Or is 4.5 BS too small at the rear?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old May 8th, 08, 01:17 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I see that they are only offered with that BS on a 17X9 wheel, probably for fitting the modern muscle cars. My option will then be 17X8 with a 4.5 BS on all four corners, but that will not give me the option to choose a wide tire at the rear. Or is 4.5 BS too small at the rear?
4.5" will work obviously on the rears but you're right,kinda a skinny wheel for these cars.Try a 255-45 tire in the rear to fill up that wheelwell.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode