Any one buy rally's from Rallywheelman on Ebay? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 07, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Any one buy rally's from Rallywheelman on Ebay?

$365 plus $85 shipping for 67 flat cap rally wheels....gets good reviews from buyers, but seems too good to be true...any one see these in person b4?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Corvette-Che...QQcmdZViewItem

67 RS "yes that is the factory color combo"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cgrady; Nov 11th, 07 at 04:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 07, 03:58 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Re: Any one buy rally's from Rallywheelman on Ebay?

I bought a set of rally wheel derby caps from him. They are nice reproductions and he shipped them out fast. Can't comment on the wheels only the caps. I never had any problems with him.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 07, 06:45 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrady View Post
$365 plus $85 shipping for 67 flat cap rally wheels....gets good reviews from buyers, but seems too good to be true...any one see these in person b4?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Corvette-Che...QQcmdZViewItem
While going through a short period of anguish on what wheels to buy recently, I cam across him on Ebay. I actually talked with him for a few minutes. Seemed more like a business guy than a car guy, but nice enough. My concern was back spacing, and he said he could get them custom for...I believe... $30 more per wheel. I never asked him about chrome layering, but that was my only concern. Hell, even if they chipped badly after two or three years, you could buy another set at that price and still come out OK. They look pretty decent to me.

Learning & Relearning about the cars I grew up with.
69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 07, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx1969 View Post
While going through a short period of anguish on what wheels to buy recently, I cam across him on Ebay. I actually talked with him for a few minutes. Seemed more like a business guy than a car guy, but nice enough. My concern was back spacing, and he said he could get them custom for...I believe... $30 more per wheel. I never asked him about chrome layering, but that was my only concern. Hell, even if they chipped badly after two or three years, you could buy another set at that price and still come out OK. They look pretty decent to me.
it says 4" for 15x7...and 4", 5", or 4.5" for 15x8....thk 4.5" for 15x8 is correct, right?

im also in anguish...i want Foose Legends but $269/per at Wheels for Less and not sure if want orig. look or 17" crome...damn i've changed my mind 100 times

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 07, 10:07 PM
Senior Tech
Timothy

You should have both. Get the ones you want the most first. Why wouldnt you want both? You should change wheels like you would a tie.

My 69 RS/SS 396 Project -

"I may be dumb but I aint stupid"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 06:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I bought a set of rallys from this guy a couple of years ago. The brand he sells is wheel vintiques. They aren't a bad wheel but I have heard of people having problems with the wheel(s) being out of round. I didn't have a problem with mine and they balanced up nicely. They are multi lug wheels, so if you're cool with that, I'd go ahead and buy them. I bought 15x7 front w/4" BS and 15x8 w/4.5 BS. I used BFG T/A's 215/65-15 front and 255/60-15 rear. They fit perfect.

1968 Camaro Coupe: Forged 383, AFR heads, Edelbrock Air-Gap intake, Holley 750 dp, Dynatech headers (557 HP/543 TQ), TKO-600, 12 Bolt 3.73, Vintage Air.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 10:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

David is an honest guy and a straight shooter....................no worries buying from him.
I've bought more then 1 set from him and the last set he gave me a smokin deal because I picked 'em up!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

thx for the responses....sure seems like a good deal from what they cost from Summit or Jegs

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 10:35 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

One thing to watch on some of the reproduction wheels is whether they are hub-centric or lug-centric. This means they are either centered by the center hole (hub-centric) which is better, or centered by the lug nuts (lug-centric) which can be a problem. All OEM wheels, that I'm aware of, are hub-centric.

ERIC
67 Convertible, 350CID, TKO600RR, 3.73 Eaton Posi
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 11:29 AM

It doesn't matter unless some State Safety Inspector catches that they aren't hub-centric and they are supposed to be.

It happened to me after I installed brand new radials on some 6" wide MOPAR rims on my '64 Ford Fairlane S/W to up-grade it and the SOB wouldn't pass me! So I went back home and got my wore-out stockwheels and tires and installed them in the lot and he passed me!!

Then I proceeded to re-install my new tires and wider rims and that was that!!

I NEVER went in the f-- place again after that! AND I drove that old car like that for years and years!!!!

So go figure!!

pdq67

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 11:55 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq67 View Post
It doesn't matter unless some State Safety Inspector catches that they aren't hub-centric and they are supposed to be.

It happened to me after I installed brand new radials on some 6" wide MOPAR rims on my '64 Ford Fairlane S/W to up-grade it and the SOB wouldn't pass me! So I went back home and got my wore-out stockwheels and tires and installed them in the lot and he passed me!!

Then I proceeded to re-install my new tires and wider rims and that was that!!

I NEVER went in the f-- place again after that! AND I drove that old car like that for years and years!!!!

So go figure!!

pdq67
I only mention it because you hear about a lot of guys thinking they have a vibration or maybe a bent wheel, and it turns out they are running lug-centric wheels. I have seen them have a different run-out every time you tighten the lug nuts.

ERIC
67 Convertible, 350CID, TKO600RR, 3.73 Eaton Posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode