decode FW 15x7 ralley - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 07, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

decode FW 15x7 ralley

Hello
I have some rallyes that have FW code near the valve stem.
Can you guys tell me the true an coorect car these wheels are for .
I appreciate your time..........................Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 07, 10:32 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: decode FW 15x7 ralley

15x7 1973-77 Monte Carlo, Chevelle Ralley Wheel

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 07, 06:49 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

There should be more stampings to the opposite side of the hole. That would help you determine the year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 07, 07:51 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Mine are 15x7 Ralley's also, and I have 12 on one side, and 22 F on the other. Have any idea? I know my caps are original GM, but the rings are too clean to be original.

Learning & Relearning about the cars I grew up with.
69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 07, 08:19 AM
Senior Tech

FW are Monte Carlo. I have a set of 15x8

Mike
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 07, 03:59 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx1969 View Post
Mine are 15x7 Ralley's also, and I have 12 on one side, and 22 F on the other. Have any idea? I know my caps are original GM, but the rings are too clean to be original.
Just bumping it to piggyback instead of starting a new thread. I tried Googling decoding of Ralley Wheels, Rally Whels, Chevy Ralley Wheels etc., and came up with nothing except posts from sites like here and NastyZ I don't have the Ralleys on the car now, but it'd be nice to know where they originated from. Info is in quote above ^. Or...just tell me where I can find the info...provide a link...whatever . Thanks.

69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 07, 09:31 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Quote:
Just bumping it to piggyback instead of starting a new thread. I tried Googling decoding of Ralley Wheels, Rally Whels, Chevy Ralley Wheels etc., and came up with nothing except posts from sites like here and NastyZ I don't have the Ralleys on the car now, but it'd be nice to know where they originated from. Info is in quote above ^. Or...just tell me where I can find the info...provide a link...whatever . Thanks.
Try this:
Here's your link : http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#Wheels scroll to the bottom of the site.
Or try: http://www.chevellestuff.com/index.htm Click "Quick decode stuff" on the left, then sub-catagory "other stuff", then sub-sub-catagory "rally wheels"..

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 07, 10:28 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havin' Fun View Post
Try this:
Here's your link : http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#Wheels scroll to the bottom of the site.
Or try: http://www.chevellestuff.com/index.htm Click "Quick decode stuff" on the left, then sub-catagory "other stuff", then sub-sub-catagory "rally wheels"..
First, thanks for the links! Hmmm...I just looked at another wheel and see that it has 3 markings on one side that look like maybe... a U or V..and then maybe numbers 12...and on the other side has 3 FW. And again, the first wheel I looked at only has a 12 on one side...and then 22F on the other. No sign of a W on the 1st wheel.

After looking at your 2nd link, it gives the following possibilities for FW:
69 Camaro Z-28
69 Camaro w/4 wheel DB
70-72 Monte Carlo

So, it may remain a mystery. I'm 99% certain that my caps are original GM, but there's not telling about anything else. After all, this car started as a plain Jane, but you never know what kind of originality may or may not have been added to it over the years. For instance, I've got 62"-67" heads, a 73" block, and a non-original 12 bolt rear (which I'm going to try to find numbers on today). And the way I look at it, a lot of restoration was done in the early 90's on this car...and prices weren't sky high on original parts like they are now. So again, you never know what might be cool "original" stuff (even though not original to the car itself).

I love finding out every detail I can about this car.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 07, 11:19 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Quote:
First, thanks for the links! Hmmm...I just looked at another wheel and see that it has 3 markings on one side that look like maybe... a U or V..and then maybe numbers 12...and on the other side has 3 FW. And again, the first wheel I looked at only has a 12 on one side...and then 22F on the other. No sign of a W on the 1st wheel.

After looking at your 2nd link, it gives the following possibilities for FW:
69 Camaro Z-28
69 Camaro w/4 wheel DB
70-72 Monte Carlo

So, it may remain a mystery. I'm 99% certain that my caps are original GM, but there's not telling about anything else. After all, this car started as a plain Jane, but you never know what kind of originality may or may not have been added to it over the years. For instance, I've got 62"-67" heads, a 73" block, and a non-original 12 bolt rear (which I'm going to try to find numbers on today). And the way I look at it, a lot of restoration was done in the early 90's on this car...and prices weren't sky high on original parts like they are now. So again, you never know what might be cool "original" stuff (even though not original to the car itself).

I love finding out every detail I can about this car.
I agree, but keep in mind, you also never know what you may read on the internet, so take it all in with less than 100% certainty.
There are plenty of experts on here, and I am not one of them. I linked you to some sites that have been given to me, mainly to look around and I remembered the "wheel" details when I looked mine up. I also have FW coded wheels, and if I recall, they are 1968 Chevelle wheels.

Mine is not a numbers car either, although I have been told it should be a 1970 350 4 bolt in it. I haven't verified that yet.
(If someone reading this can tell me where to find the numbers on a 1970 350 to verify that, it would be appreciated, otherwise I will have to start my own thread about it)

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 07, 11:32 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havin' Fun View Post
I also have FW coded wheels, and if I recall, they are 1968 Chevelle wheels.

Mine is not a numbers car either, although I have been told it should be a 1970 350 4 bolt in it. I haven't verified that yet.
(If someone reading this can tell me where to find the numbers on a 1970 350 to verify that, it would be appreciated, otherwise I will have to start my own thread about it)
Well, seeing that my stock wheels were 14" to start with, it's a no-brainer that they're not original to my car. I'd just like to identify what they came from

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 07, 05:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

FW coded wheels are Monte Carlo and Chevelle wheels, 15x7.

That other site is dead wrong and full of misinformation.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 07, 08:39 PM
Senior Tech
Tim

A moderator is welcome to delete that link from my post if desired...

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 07, 06:02 AM
Senior Tech

FW's were also used by dealers for replacement wheels. I did a trade many years ago for some wheels for my Z. They came off of a Z28 that was repaired, at a Chevy dealer, early on in it's life after hitting road debris. After checking the codes many years after the swap I found 1 AD wheel and 3 FW wheels.
Greg

69 Z28
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 07, 01:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

FW is what I got as GM replacements after my orginal wheels got ripped off.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 07, 01:44 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdld17 View Post
FW is what I got as GM replacements after my orginal wheels got ripped off.
Interesting, Don. It seems that Having Fun's site might not have been wrong, and that this is another case of GM's sharing products across the board on their cars, so to speak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode