Team Camaro Tech banner

Wheels and tires

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  skelly 
#1 ·
My son and I are in the process of building a 69 SS/RS. ZZ4 motor with the 700R4 and the 373 gear combination. Obviously, he wants the car to look good which happens to be miles apart from my Rally wheel recommendation. He wants a 5 spoke polished aluminum oversized wheel with a low profile tire. I know many of you are not fans of this choice and I'm not making any modifications to the body or lowering the car. What can we use to fill up the wheel well and give him the look he wants?

#2 ·
Skelly welcome to team camaro. You posted this question in the Test Drive section which is for testing out your signature line, practicing of posting photos etc. Not many members check this area very often so you wont get much for replies here.
You should always look for the section that might best be a source for your needs, in this case, Wheel and Tire section. I will ask that this be relocated there.

#4 ·
Wheel Vintiques also makes 16-20" Rallye wheels if you want to stick to the semi-stock look but want to use modern wheels and tires. I am probably going to go with a set of 17" or 18" billet rallyes myself as I want my car to look kind of stock (sleeper) but have modern tires on it.

Check out this recent thread on them:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127383&highlight=Billet

#7 ·
Here are 18" wheels on a customer's car who is a member here. Jbutlr is his name here.
I'll post photos of his car for him:

These were brushed and clear coated, but you can get them fully polished.

#8 ·
Here are 18" wheels on a customer's car who is a member here. Jbutlr is his name here.
I'll post photos of his car for him:

These were brushed and clear coated, but you can get them fully polished.
I really like the way this looks, I like the cowl hood also. It's to bad this guy was taking some hits on another forum about this car if you can belive that :mad:

What kind of wheels are those? I think they would look great with painted centers!! They look great now also!!

Joe

#13 ·
Thank you guys for the pictures and the information. The pictures are great, I'm going to sell my Triton bass boat and find me a 69 camaro to build for me when we finish his car. I've wanted one my whole life and now when I can afford it, I'm building one for someone else.

#14 ·
class67, your right on. Dont think I was getting "hit" on the car. I was just looking for a way to avoid having to try and match paint with possibily a cf hood. It was a bad idea to start but I thought I would throw it out there. Then everyone wanted to let me know that they are not a fan of 4" cowl hoods. Oh well. Its a little different and I dig it so who cares.

#17 ·
Very nice car. Any problems with scrubbing on the turns? I'm assumming you have headers on the car, if so what brand and model, has it been a problem with the car hitting the ground with the lowering and the tire and wheel conbination? Would it be possible to ask for a measurement from the bottom of the headers to the ground when you get an opportunity? If you had it all to over again, what would you choose on tire and wheels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.