New Rushforth wheels arrived today for the '69 Z/28...! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Thumbs up New Rushforth wheels arrived today for the '69 Z/28...!

18" Rushforth Superspokes in a smoked titanium finish with exposed hardware.
Sizes are 18x8 & 18x10,tires are 245/40's & 275/40's...

Front detail:

Rear detail:

Awesome detail and high quality wheel...I am completely satisfied and stoked about the way they turned out.The smoked finish allows you to still see the grain of the brushed alloy but isn't dark enough to completely color it.
A big thanks to Jason Rushforth for working with me and designing such an awesome wheel and a huge shoutout to Jon Henson @ www.driverzinc.com for once again making this process so easy...too damn easy actually.This is the 2nd set I've ordered with Driverzinc this year and each time,Jon's expertise and fitment advice has turned what could be a nightmare into a very simple,straightforward buying experience.His years of experience are your key to a great fitting tire/wheel combination.

I highly recommend him to anyone looking for wheels,tires,or accessories for your ride.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 05:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Send a message via MSN to Mike_M
Re: New Rushforth wheels arrived today for the '69 Z/28...!

Those look awesome! Are they on the car yet? What's taking so long? I wanna see pics!

To tell you the truth when you first posted about them I wasn't sure, I REALLY like the vintage trans am look you've got going on there with the V40's, but after seeing these pics of the wheels I'm thinking it's going to look really good. I should know better than to second guess your taste in wheels!

Mike...

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 06:01 PM
Senior Tech
dan

Gonna be killer!

68 RS

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
Those look awesome! Are they on the car yet? What's taking so long? I wanna see pics!

To tell you the truth when you first posted about them I wasn't sure, I REALLY like the vintage trans am look you've got going on there with the V40's, but after seeing these pics of the wheels I'm thinking it's going to look really good. I should know better than to second guess your taste in wheels!
Thanks Mike.
Yeah,these will take me away slightly from the vintage T/A look I got going on but instead will lend a more modern P-T look instead.
Don't get me wrong,I still absolutely love the V-40 look on my car but anyone who knows me know's I'm just wheel crazy...
When I go to upgrade my brakes,I'll be sure to not go too large so I can still switch back to my 17" VWW's.

Bottom line is:I wanted all american-made wheels on my cars and with my VWW,Bonspeed,and now the Rushforth's,I have done just that.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 08:16 PM
Senior Tech

Almost 4 hours since the thread started and they're not on the car yet - what's wrong?? John you know I love the "old school look" in modern diameters but I like "big billet" stuff too (18s and 20s on my Nomad since 1999). I can't wait to see them on the car!

Jack
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Here's another trick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV69z/28rs View Post
Almost 4 hours since the thread started and they're not on the car yet - what's wrong?? John you know I love the "old school look" in modern diameters but I like "big billet" stuff too (18s and 20s on my Nomad since 1999). I can't wait to see them on the car!
Thanks Jack.
I'm gonna wait until Saturday to put them on because I've been working on trying to complete the inside of my garage each evening and when I mount them,I want to be able to drive it and take some pics,don't have enough time for all that when I get home from work.

Check out how Jon had the rear pads shaved to give me that extra room for clearance.Notice the difference from where the rear edges of the spokes meet the edge of the front hub vs the rears as well as how much further the centercap is sunk in in front vs the rears...I tell ya,that Jon is one sharp cookie.

Front:

Rear:

Front b/s is 4.875",rear's are a custom-made 5.625".

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 08:53 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Anxiously awaiting pics of them mounted on your Camaro

69 Camaro - Restoration in process

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 09:33 PM
Senior Tech

Thanks for running our Wheels John, we are happy to have worked with you again on another one of your fine cars, and look forward to seeing them all bolted up!

Jon
Driverz Inc.com
"The Custom Wheel Experts"
1-866-694-5940
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Jon View Post
Thanks for running our Wheels John, we are happy to have worked with you again on another one of your fine cars, and look forward to seeing them all bolted up!
The pleasure is all mine Jon,best of luck to you this weekend.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 08, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Money shot...

Dig that wide dish...!

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 08, 08:25 PM
Senior Tech
kirk

can't wait to see these on the car.

Kirk
67' Camaro Convertible, 454, 540 HP, 400 turbo, 2800 stall, 12 bolt 411 posi

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 08, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange67vert View Post
can't wait to see these on the car.
Me too man,should of had them already on but...tomorrow's the big day.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Sorry guys for the delay...

I got busy working on trying to finish trimming out the inside of my garage after I installed them this morning and just got carried away.

A big shoutout...again...to Jon Henson @ www.driverzinc for once again,hooking me up with the PERFECT backspacing and tire fitment for my cars.I must admit,I had my reservations about shoving a 10" wide rear on my mucho lowered Z/28 but these fit like a glove and I should have known better than to doubt Jon's years of knowledge in setting these cars up with the look that get's the look.
He is certainly an asset to this community and I highly recommend him to anyone who is in the market for tire & wheels that will fit your car.
And thank you Jason Rushforth for all your advice and for designing such a sweet wheel!All of his designs are so fresh and cool,I had a hard time just narrowing it down to one.

So....drumroll please:

Man...I love these wheels!

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 10:11 PM
Team Member
Doug

Man that car is just flat out awesome!!! Great job John!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 04:52 AM
Senior Tech

Looks great! You know, they call folks that are addicted to buying and wearing hundreds of sneakers "sneaker heads". Are you the first documented "wheel head"? "Rim head"? There needs to be a term for your addiction too...

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode