Will this setup work... - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

Will this setup work...

Hi, I'd like to replace the Torq Thrust II's that are currently on my car due to the fact the rears need more backspacing. I could just get new rears but here is the dilema.. I really like the Torq Thrust M wheels in the ANTHRICITE finish but they don't come in the recommended dimensions. The car has disc brakes in the front if that matters, everything else is stock. I was wondering if I could get away with running the wheels in the following dimensions as they are the closest to what is recommended;
fronts- 17x8 with 4.5" backspacing with 235/45/17 tires
rears- 17x9 with 6.75" backspacing, 1.25" spacers and 275/40/17 tires.

Thanks, Eric

my 67' before the carnage!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 02:43 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: Will this setup work...

6.75 bs

If you remove one rear wheel, you'll find that if you measure from the drum face to the inner wheelwell, only 6" (IF this is a stock rear and wheelwell)

A 1 1/4" spacer for me.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

That's what I was afraid of... now I'm bummed. Oh well, maybe I'll just get the right backspaced TT II's for the back. I like the Vintage Wheel Works V40 also but their quite pricey.... Thanks again, Eric.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 07:35 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Don't use a spacer that size, what you want will cost you but is called an adapter. It bolts to your hub and has it's own studs to bolt the wheel to it.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Don't use a spacer that size, what you want will cost you but is called an adapter. It bolts to your hub and has it's own studs to bolt the wheel to it.

So if I purchased these adapters (http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Ada.../5475-5475.htm) in the same bolt pattern with a thickness of 1.25" I could safely use this wheel/tire combo in the rear.. 17x9 with 6.75" backspacing and 275/40/17 tires. Would the front combination I asked about work (17x8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing and 235/45/17 tires)? Again, I appreciate everyone's help on this, I just would really like to use these wheels if at all possible.

Last edited by chevypower; Aug 28th, 08 at 09:10 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 09:00 AM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
I like the Vintage Wheel Works V40 also but their quite pricey....
They say you get what you pay for and if you're comparing a TTII to a VWW V-40...well,there is no comparision...
Much better quality wheel that you'll be proud to own many years from now...and they're made here in the US,not some off-shore crap from China.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode