Vww V45 Vs. Aar Ttd - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 08, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jamie

Vww V45 Vs. Aar Ttd

I was wondering if anyone has seen them side by side to know the differences, if any. Particularly the color diffenece of the grey centers and design. From what I understand the V45 is a copy of the TTD. If it's exact or pretty damn close it'd be great. I don't care to wait or pay the extra money for AAR to make a set of 16x8 4.5" backspaced TTDs.

I have a set of 16x8 4" backspaced TTDs on the car now. The only backspacing the 16x8 comes in according to the AAR website, last I checked, is 4". The fronts rub on hard cornering and bumps, it gets worse when I have a passenger. And I was thinking that since the 16x8 V45s come in a 4.5" backspacing that'd take care of the rub issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 08, 06:50 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Re: Vww V45 Vs. Aar Ttd

I don't think the color of the center spoke section is the same, but it's still a very nice wheel. I had a set on my old 68 and most people thought they were 15" wheels so it made the car look good but gave the advantage of better tires/handling.

Jeff H
69 Z28 Hugger Orange original factory JL8 brakes, being restored
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 08, 03:24 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

VWW is a great quality wheel and Jon over @ www.driverzinc.com is having a sale on them now.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 08, 07:42 PM
Senior Tech

You might want to take a look at Team III E/T Classic 5s also. http://www.etwheels.com/et/classic5.html

Jack
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 08, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jamie

Damn, anyone else?

Trying to save money because I don't need a whole 'nother set of wheels, just the fronts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 08, 09:20 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I wouldn't mix and match, the Vintage have a much higher polished rim and the spokes are a bit different where they attach to the rim as well are not the same finish. I even think the lip of the rim is different on the two...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 08, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
I wouldn't mix and match, the Vintage have a much higher polished rim and the spokes are a bit different where they attach to the rim as well are not the same finish. I even think the lip of the rim is different on the two...
Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

OK, well back to square one.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 08, 07:51 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Here's a picture of a 68 I had with the 16x8 V45's with some 245/50/16 up front and 255/50/16 in the rear. These were blems that I got a discount on. It was amazing how good the car handled with these wheels/tires, some new leaf springs from JC Whitney and NAPA shocks!

Jeff H
69 Z28 Hugger Orange original factory JL8 brakes, being restored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode