Stickiest 15 inch tires for handling - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 08, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Stickiest 15 inch tires for handling

Hi:
Anyone have any suggestions for the best handling 15 inch tire for a 69 Camaro? I really like the old school look with the 15 inch Ralleys but I want the car to handle without going to larger diameter rims or body/frame mods. I'm into the subtle look with wide tires on a 15 inch Ralley. Any size recommendations? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 08, 10:58 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Stickiest 15 inch tires for handling

Try a 50 series tire for better cornering on 15" wheels.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 08, 12:57 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

Send a message via AIM to Rodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rodder

Stickiest? Kumho Ecsta V710.

Or are you looking for a street tire?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- LS1, T56, Hooker longtubes, Autokraft pan & mounts, GM LS7 clutch, Borla ProXS, Moser/Strange/Wilwood 9", Covans dash, UltraLite IIs, Procar Elites, Vintage Air GEN-IV, AGR 12:1 steering, Addco swaybars, Hydratech hydroboost

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 08, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Yes, street tire. Thanks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 08, 06:17 PM
Senior Tech

If you want a true street tire my suggestion would be decide what size tires you want and go the www.tirerack.com web site and "search tires by size". Then start reading the tire reviews. It will take a little bit of time but at least you will get "in the real world" opinions. My guess is there isn't going to be a whole lot of choises unless you want to go with a street legal racing tire like Hoosier or Mickey Thompson and neither are cheap.

Jack
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 08, 06:36 PM
Senior Tech
Pat

I would think you could look to what the present performance cars are running, even though they are 17" and up, its still a good base line for a good handling tire. I recently bought a new chevy truck and while I was in the show room waiting for them to get it ready I looked at a new Z06 vette they had in there. While I noticed the 83K price tag I also noticed it had Goodyear gatorbacks on it...might be a start. I run 60 series BF Goodrich on 15" ralleys on mine and they are good but I've never pushed it in a corner...and I've got a hotchkis tvs on mine,and I have driven it hard and they do pretty well BUT, I can light these tires up really easy which leads me to believe they are not all that sticky and I believe the hotchkis can out do the tire if I pressed it. If you find something let me know as well...while typing this post,hey I might be in the market for a "stickier" tire as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode