Foose Nitrous II wheel nuts - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 08, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trevor

Foose Nitrous II wheel nuts

I have Foose Nitrous II wheels on my 69 and I noticed the front and rear lug nuts are different, the front nuts have a neck that extends past the tapered part where the rear nuts are shorter because they stop at the taper with no neck. The front is factory GM disc while the rear is GM 12 bolt with brakes off a 95 camaro. Any reason for the difference??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 08, 12:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: Foose Nitrous II wheel nuts

No one knows about your nuts this is hard to believe...OK mods just playing.Some one on here has to know,this guy needs his wheels on the car...Maybe you can call who you bought them from...

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 08, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trevor

I will try the local tire shop in the morning, there has never been a problem but I still want to know why the difference.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 08, 05:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Is it a different stud size front may be 7/16 and back may be 1/2

PRO.ST69orange

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 08, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trevor

I talked to the tire shop today, they said the only reason for the neck on the front set was to give extra threads to engage more of the nut. I am switching the back short ones out to give me more threads engaged and more safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode