18 inch Coys - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 09, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

18 inch Coys

Looking at getting a set of C-5's. I don't think the 18x8 with a 4.5 inch backspace will fit the front of a 69 that's lowered 2". What do you guys think? I may have to do 18x7 in the front and 18x9.5 out back, I really wanted the 8' wheel up front.

John

69 Coupe: Forged Hydraulic Roller 383, Holley HP 750 DP, AFR195s, RPM Air Gap, Borg Warner T-56, Hooker Super Comp 1.75", Ford 9" with custom Moser axels, 3.89 Posi, MSD digital 6, Hotchkis springs, 4WDB, [email protected] on bald Nitto 555's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 09, 08:17 PM
Norman

Re: 18 inch Coys

call them directly. thats all the deal with all day. I myself have ordered wheels for my 80 camaro from them with no problems
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 09, 08:52 PM
MIKE

they fit on my 69 w/hotchkis 2" lowering springs no problem. had 235/40 on them. but they looked funky w/20" coys in back w/255/35. the side walls were bigger they did look wide though.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 01:03 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
Looking at getting a set of C-5's. I don't think the 18x8 with a 4.5 inch backspace will fit the front of a 69 that's lowered 2". What do you guys think? I may have to do 18x7 in the front and 18x9.5 out back, I really wanted the 8' wheel up front.
An 8" wide wheel will fit a 2" lowered '69 all day long with a 235 or 245 tire but I'd rather have more b/s than 4.5"...4.75,or 4.875,or even 5" would be a better choice...but the problem with off-shore wheels is the very limited backspacing availability,probably why I prefer American-made wheels that truly are made and designed to fit these cars perfectly.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarjohn View Post
An 8" wide wheel will fit a 2" lowered '69 all day long with a 235 or 245 tire but I'd rather have more b/s than 4.5"...4.75,or 4.875,or even 5" would be a better choice...but the problem with off-shore wheels is the very limited backspacing availability,probably why I prefer American-made wheels that truly are made and designed to fit these cars perfectly.

Yeah, thanks musclecarjohn maybe I'll wait for the new 18" vintage wheelworks or save up for some Rushforths

John

69 Coupe: Forged Hydraulic Roller 383, Holley HP 750 DP, AFR195s, RPM Air Gap, Borg Warner T-56, Hooker Super Comp 1.75", Ford 9" with custom Moser axels, 3.89 Posi, MSD digital 6, Hotchkis springs, 4WDB, [email protected] on bald Nitto 555's
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 11:28 AM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Yeah, thanks musclecarjohn maybe I'll wait for the new 18" vintage wheelworks or save up for some Rushforths
Yes,Eli & Rusty have been talking about the 18" VWW line and I hope to see it sometime this year.Those guys (along with Rushforth) make some fine quality wheels and the best part is they're all nice guys to deal with...easily half the battle nowadays!

Buy quality once and dare to be different...two good rules to live by.

Good luck to you...

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

I've seen both wheels on your car musclecarjohn and your car is KILLER by the way!!!

John

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 03:14 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
I've seen both wheels on your car musclecarjohn and your car is KILLER by the way!!!

why thanks for the nice comments Johnny...

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 09, 06:56 AM

just wanted to tell you great choice going with Coys. For anybody else interested in them just call them up directly and tell them the specs on your car and they will give you the sizes that will fit. I got the c-57's 18x7 up front and 20x8.5 in the back......looks bad ***. [IMG]file:///Users/adriandurham/Desktop/desktop/1967%20camaro%202.jpg[/IMG] If anybody wants to see my set up just let me know and i'll send a photo. I know that i tried to look around to find a pic of 1st gens with 20's in the rear and i really couldnt find that many photos i just kinda went for it. But if you are thinking about it just let me know. i think it looks great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode