Latest and greatest in drag radials? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Paul Church

Latest and greatest in drag radials?

What's everyones experience or opinions on the best drag radials for street use?

I know, do a search right? Some of the threads I read are pretty old though. B.F. Goodrich has their drag radial with two different tread patterns now and there may be some other new ones out now as well?

It's about time for me to buy tires and although a rare drive in the rain is always possible here in Florida, I'd like some wheelie-capable, sticky street slicks around the 275/60-15 size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 04:14 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: Latest and greatest in drag radials?

MT DR's or Hoosiers DR's is about it for max hook in a radial. Just need to remember,neither is recommended for the wet and with a soft compound don't last long (depending on burnout and mileage driven) Both have a ware rating of 0 (zero) which the tire shop had to have a sticker off the tires for giggles

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 05:58 PM
Tech Team
Chris Robertson

I second the opinion that M/T DR's are the latest and greatest in DR technology. The BFG DR (traditional tread) is still a good hooking tire and, in my experience, provides more street mileage, but I'd rather have the better hooking tire. I'm not running DR for mileage expectancy.

Good Luck.

Frost Green '68 Coupe (yes they made Camaros that year); Dart Alum headed, dynamically balanced 327; Mighty Demon 750; 4sp; Cal-Tracs Rear Susp; ProCar Rally 1000's seats; 15" Rallys. (pretty plain-jane)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 10:06 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

X3 on the MT DR's again not the best for street life, but in my opinion the best of both traction and street life combined. Hoosiers hook great but I've heard from others here that tread life is noticeably shorter than MT's.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1/[email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode