time for wheels for my 69 - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
eric

time for wheels for my 69

Almost done restoring my 69 and it's time for wheels and tires. The suspension has been completly gone through but I did not lower the car. I am leaning towards Foose legend wheels 18x8 front and 18x9 rear with nitto 235/40/18 front and 275/40/18 rear. This is a wheel and tire package from driverzinc.com. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 11:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: time for wheels for my 69

wheels are nice....sounds good to me!!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 02:57 PM

those are nice, but I gotta say the original torque thrusts look amazing on the first gens

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 03:21 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by emstine View Post
Almost done restoring my 69 and it's time for wheels and tires. The suspension has been completly gone through but I did not lower the car. I am leaning towards Foose legend wheels 18x8 front and 18x9 rear with nitto 235/40/18 front and 275/40/18 rear. This is a wheel and tire package from driverzinc.com. What do you think?
Sounds like you're in good hands then,Jon Henson is the best...

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 03:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Thats gonna be a nice set up.. Do you have any pics of the car they will be going on.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 06:39 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarjohn View Post
Sounds like you're in good hands then,Jon Henson is the best...
I couldn't agree more. I don't know what your budget is but I'm sure if you tell Jon up front what it is he will have plenty of ideas for you. You said you're "leaning towards" does that mean you're not totally convinced that's what you want? If that's the case ask Jon what else he would suggest in your price range. He has come up with some amazing combinations of late. He has great ideas with use of color and finish. He can make a very common wheel look very unique. Good luck with what ever you choose.

Jack
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 09, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
eric

Thanks for everyone's input...John was great to work with and I did order the wheel package I stated earlier. I really wanted the Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dog with the 5 spoke powder coated gray with a chrome lip but the wait time was too long. I can't wait to see the end result. Kind of new to the site so I will try to post some pics tomorrow if I can figure out how. The car has been painted Dark blue, almost black, with white stripes and a white interior. 468 c.i. with a tremac 5-speep, 10 bolt eaton posi-trac with 3.73 gears. Tried to keep an original look to the restoration
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 09, 07:26 AM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Can't wait to see it...and welcome again.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 09, 09:58 AM
Senior Tech

Thanks for the compliments guys. I just love what I do, and am happy to work with fellow car guys on achieving just the right look for them. At the end of the day, its all about what the customer wants, I just help them figure out what that is....

We're developing the new online store for you guys, and changing a few things on our website to better help you guys. I hope it will make it easier for our customers to purchase the right parts for their cars.

Thanks again everyone!

Jon
Driverz Inc.com
"The Custom Wheel Experts"
1-866-694-5940
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 09, 11:31 AM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Thanks for chiming in Jon...you guys who are just starting your wheel/tire search would do well to align yourself with someone who has so much experience with tire & wheel fitment on the cars we love.Choosing wheels can sometimes be the most difficult part of the build,believe me,I've experimented with more wheels than most.

If you own it,chances are Jon's already fitted plenty of others with just the look you're trying to acheive so save yourself the headaches and worries and just deal with the source...best selection and pricing around.

Here's a link to the on-line store:
http://www.driverzinc.com/onlinestore/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode